Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2530 (Men Shirts)

Reviewed by:Irene Q

About Irene Qstarstarstarstar
NH USA
Member since: 3/19/04
Posted on:10/1/07 5:47 PM
Last Updated:10/1/07 5:47 PM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Mens
Jennifer shaw said... (8/24/08 12:25 PM) Reply
What a great looking shirt!! My DH would really love it if I would make him a shirt like the one you made. Thanks for pointing out all of the design issues with this pattern.
Hilary said... (10/9/07 2:01 PM) Reply
This looks great on your DH-the dark blue color is wonderful on him. This is an older pattern so its not surprising that the fit is so loose. I have this one in my stash, I really should make it one of these days-thanks so much for all the tips!
MareeAlison said... (10/3/07 4:47 AM) Reply
Irene - I really like this and was thinking of buying it to make for my DH until I read the end. DH is only about 5ft 7in and weighs 65kilos (I think about 140 pounds) so it sounds like this pattern would be no good for him. I really like what you've done though. Great review. Thanks.
Kellie R. said... (10/2/07 9:24 PM) Reply
Nice Shirt!
Peggy L said... (10/2/07 6:44 AM) Reply
Great job!!
OP Gal said... (10/2/07 6:25 AM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed review. Good job on the shirts. Hunky DH/model there!
jessika said... (10/1/07 11:40 PM) Reply
The fit looks great. I like them all and now my dh wants one. I like the zipper version, I thought it looked funny on the pattern but on your dh it looks perfect.
Elona said... (10/1/07 8:07 PM) Reply
You did a great job of customizing those shirts to your guy (who, btw, has a charming smile for you whenever you get him in front of the camera). And I certainly agree with you about the fit of many Kwik Sew tees: The sizing tends toward the IMMENSE, and those dropped shoulders are often not very becoming.
PegL said... (10/1/07 6:59 PM) Reply
Great job on all the shirts! The fit looks very good!
carolynw said... (10/1/07 6:21 PM) Reply
Good work on all of these shirts - you certainly know how to tweak them to the best advantage for your DH!

by: Saint Nolt...