Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3684 (Bib Front Shirt)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:10/3/07 2:04 AM
Last Updated:10/3/07 2:19 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops

Hilary said... (6/8/09 6:08 PM) Reply
oops i already commented, didn't I ??! lol! I still love this shirt!
Nancy Anne said... (8/20/08 12:47 PM) Reply
I'm glad to see you can easily interchange the pattern pieces on this one, because I'm about to cut it and plan to mix things up a bit, too. Your shirt is lovely, and your great review gives me a good idea of what my finished product will look like. Thank you!
sewlucky said... (3/22/08 9:42 AM) Reply
You did a great job. The blouse is beautiful, and I will be buying the pattern. Thanks!
cathy45 said... (10/4/07 11:56 PM) Reply
I love how you changed the direction of the shirt strips on the bib. It really gives the shirt a designer touch.
kim*brown said... (10/4/07 9:26 PM) Reply
Very nice!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (10/4/07 3:47 PM) Reply
Jeepers!! Everyone took all my comments already!! Tee! Hee! Beautiful blouse. Love the example you give of going the extra mile & purchasing wonderful fabrics for your projects!! Enjoy wearing your outfit & all the nice compliments you will get!!
MichelleE said... (10/4/07 1:24 PM) Reply
Smokin', as always... You make ordinary patterns fantabulous. The pattern companies should be thanking you!
OP Gal said... (10/4/07 12:56 PM) Reply
I love the clever use of the horizontal stripes in the fabric. It really sets off the bib detail. Beautifully executed, too.
candyo said... (10/4/07 11:31 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and was hoping you'd make it so I would get your expert opinion! And thanks for the fabric link!
Peggy L said... (10/4/07 6:18 AM) Reply
lmg said... (10/3/07 10:12 PM) Reply
A beautiful classic blouse.
SandraB said... (10/3/07 9:26 PM) Reply
Very beautiful Erica.
jjc said... (10/3/07 8:53 PM) Reply
you are so talented and the styles you choose are so flattering. The blouse is great.
Vonnevo said... (10/3/07 6:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful work and style Erica !!!!
Levone said... (10/3/07 3:08 PM) Reply
Wow, this is such a lovely shirt.....great job!
krawz said... (10/3/07 12:54 PM) Reply
What gorgeous work you do! It's inspirational!
narcissaqtpie said... (10/3/07 12:31 PM) Reply
I can only say Wow! As usual you work in IMPECCABLE! the fabric & your touches makes this shirt very elegant & priceless
Irene Q said... (10/3/07 12:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! Thanks for pointing out that this pattern comes with the cup sizes - you gotta love it when you don't need alterations!
Kitty Couture said... (10/3/07 12:02 PM) Reply
Erica, that is a gorgeous shirt!! So stylish!
JeanetteE said... (10/3/07 11:37 AM) Reply
Your shirt is beautiful & the fabric divine. On a D cup, do you pick your size by your high or full bust? (I'm a H38/F42.)
Puddin Pop said... (10/3/07 10:42 AM) Reply
Great job. Did you catch the bib shirt on the cover of Threads this month? Very much in style.
Hilary said... (10/3/07 10:02 AM) Reply
What a beautiful shirt-and beautiful workmanship as well! Thanks for the review!
Christina Sonja said... (10/3/07 9:52 AM) Reply
I don't know how I missed this pattern, but now I need it. You can't go wrong with a crisp white shirt, I love your version.
carolynw said... (10/3/07 9:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt - your work is impeccable! Thanks for bbringing this pattern to my attention - may have seen it before but now that you have reviewed it is a must get!
Tany said... (10/3/07 8:27 AM) Reply
Erica, I'm still catching my breath from seeing your new skirt and now you show us this fantastic shirt! Wow! I have the David Coffin's book and I love it! It's a great reference!
BeckyC said... (10/3/07 8:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and fabric! I think I need David Coffin's Shirtmaking book, as your collar and band look beautifully constructed.
MissCelie said... (10/3/07 7:58 AM) Reply
love how you played with the direction of the fabric. Crisp and clean. That's all I can say.
Sic said... (10/3/07 7:58 AM) Reply
Another gorgeous garment! Thank you for the review!
LauraLo said... (10/3/07 7:10 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
Lori V said... (10/3/07 7:09 AM) Reply
I love this shirt and the fabric, together it is gorgeous.
Sew4Fun said... (10/3/07 6:28 AM) Reply
I love your shirt, especially the sleeves. I've never noticed this pattern before but now it's on my wish list. :)
SillyValley said... (10/3/07 3:36 AM) Reply
Erica you are on a roll! I saw a shirt similar to this by Rock and Republic...for like $185 USD. Your garments are so inspiring!

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2008-116