Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> PatternCompany.de> 04-265 (Jacket with cut-on hood)

Reviewed by:RuthieSews

About RuthieSewsstarstarstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 1/1/06
Posted on:10/13/07 6:32 PM
Last Updated:10/20/07 11:25 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
RuthieSews said... (12/27/07 11:54 AM) Reply
Tini, I didn't realise it had a 1cm seam allowance included. That could well account for my sizing problems. Thanks for letting me know. It'll be cool to see yours when sewn.
Tini said... (12/26/07 8:16 AM) Reply
oooh btw. the 1 cm s.a. is included in the pattern as I just looked up (I'll be cutting the jacket out in a minute too )
moushka said... (10/22/07 10:28 PM) Reply
Ruthie, I love the version with the hem trim. What a difference since you made the alterations! It's looking pretty good now. Good luck with your odyssey. Sue
Sigrid. said... (10/21/07 11:48 AM) Reply
What a difference with your first version, this is much better, and I don't think the length is bad at all on you.
Debbie Cook said... (10/20/07 2:29 PM) Reply
What a great difference!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (10/20/07 1:14 PM) Reply
Wow, I love the jacket. Personally, I like the longer version with the hem trim. It looks like you nailed all the the revisions. Wonderful job. I love dragonflies!
RuthieSews said... (10/20/07 12:17 PM) Reply
The pin was a gift from my closest friend, because she said it was very me and she had to get it for me. I haven't worn it much due to the sheer size of it, but it works very well as a closure for the jacket.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (10/20/07 11:30 AM) Reply
Very nice Ruthie, it looks great on you, love the pin too!
RuthieSews said... (10/20/07 11:26 AM) Reply
Updated muslin and photos added.
Karin Mantefors said... (10/19/07 2:39 PM) Reply
Iīv started on mine too and itīs OK I had to do a lot of alterations on the sleeve caps ans added some embellishments. Itīs nice...
sherry pete said... (10/15/07 12:06 PM) Reply
I think with boiled wool fabric you will get a completly different look with its nice draping quality and when you size it down a bit. You were so smart to do a muslin--I will need one too before I cut the real stuff$$. Thanks for posting this.
Ronda Rae said... (10/14/07 12:14 PM) Reply
It's a gorgeous pattern and I wouldn't give up yet either. It definitely has potential to look wonderful on you. Definitely try another muslin. Maybe you could measure the finished jacket/yourself and go from there? Good luck.
Em's Summer said... (10/14/07 12:12 PM) Reply
Sorry that it still needs a lot of tweaking, BUT congratulations on your weight loss. You are looking MUCH thinner!
Sanibelle said... (10/14/07 10:16 AM) Reply
I'm sorry that the muslin didn't turn out as you would have liked, but thank you for showing it in the pre-tweaking stage, giving us a good idea of what to expect if we want to make it. I'm glad you're not giving up on it, since it really is a pretty jacket.
Geordie Girl said... (10/14/07 9:39 AM) Reply
Ruthie, I think it will look great with some tweaking. Be sure to let us know when it works out for you.
blue mooney said... (10/14/07 7:30 AM) Reply
Good thing you did a muslin rather than cutting into the good stuff. It does look oversized on the model, too. Good luck with your revisions, Ruthie!
moushka said... (10/14/07 1:32 AM) Reply
Ruthie, that's a stunning pattern. I hope you can make it work. In fact, I was impressed with all the patterns on the website. They look especially well cut, with real sleeveheads, as you said. Has anyone tried their pants? I'd be interested to know how they fit, as they look very different from the American patterns. Good luck with your jacket. Maybe changing the proportions, either longer or shorter, would help. Sue
Birgitte said... (10/13/07 9:38 PM) Reply
I agree with Deepika- I was drawn to the picture. Your jacket looks very artistic. Honestly, I think yours looks a lot more interesting than the STOFF Atlier version :-)
Deepika said... (10/13/07 7:52 PM) Reply
Ruth, I actually don't think it looks bad. So dont give up on it just yet. Perhaps with some more alterations it'll fit better. Good to know that the pattern runs large.
RuthieSews said... (10/13/07 7:10 PM) Reply
Tini, I am going to keep persevering until I make at least one wearable version of this. I need to retrace off 2 sizes smaller and try again.
Tini said... (10/13/07 6:53 PM) Reply
oh, sorry to hear, that your muslin needs tweaking. Mine came out fine but keep in mind that this is a jacket to be worn over a pullover, so it has more ease than a suit jacket

Merchant & Mills Top 64