Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5203 (Cowl Top)

Reviewed by:JuliaL

About JuliaLstar
KS USA
Member since: 11/6/02
Posted on:3/14/03 2:04 PM
Last Updated:3/15/03 9:05 PM

JuliaL said... (3/15/03 9:09 PM) Reply
Deepika -- Yes, I love this color. I think I might have enough fabric left to squeeze out a summer top. Karen -- Yes :) On the purple top, I eased the bust dart first, but the fabric got a gathered look that I didn't like, so I ripped it out and sewed the dart. On the pink top, I was able to ease the dart, although it's not perfect (but what is?) Julie -- Until I saw the red top from the side in the mirror, I hadn't realized I HAD a full bust. Quite a lightbulb moment...I expect my sewing will be much better from now on!
Julie Culshaw said... (3/14/03 5:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review, Julia. It is very helpful to folks like myself who also have to accommodate a full bust, but don't want those grand shoulders. I have heard the sleeves are small in most of Loes' patterns, something I will have to watch for as I have big upper arms too.
KarenP said... (3/14/03 2:29 PM) Reply
Julia, I really like your top. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of your second version. Did you actually sew in the dart, or did you create the dart and then ease it in when sewing it up?
Deepika said... (3/14/03 2:09 PM) Reply
very nice top Julia. The color is very pretty on you! I agree about the broad shoulders. I have only made a muslin of this top and I need to fix the shoulders before I make the final version.

by: Quickie