Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8411 (MISSES DRESS AND SASH)

Reviewed by:moss

About mossstar
Member since: 8/23/06
Posted on:10/15/07 8:24 AM
Last Updated:10/15/07 8:25 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Carlotta said... (10/17/07 8:43 AM) Reply
Let me just say I LOVE the purple!
Annette1 said... (10/16/07 6:56 PM) Reply
NINE LAYERS? What, are they NUTS? You have more patience than I do (but don't get too cocky, because that can be said for just about anybody). :o) I like this dress on you, and that purple really adds some punch. I have a pattern that's similar to this (Vogue something, wardrobe) and I was actually thinking about making a summer nightgown out of the dress pattern -- ha! I bought it for the jacket and was also mulling over the dress, so now you've inspired me to consider it again. I certainly hope there's not NINE LAYERS to sew through though. Great job!
LindsayT said... (10/16/07 1:50 PM) Reply
I like it on you!
Grammy Gin said... (10/16/07 10:44 AM) Reply
I think you look lovely in your dress. I just don't see how you could sew so nicely by hand. Must have been from all the practice....my hand sewing is horrendous! Good Job!
narcissaqtpie said... (10/15/07 8:39 PM) Reply
pretty purple! I have been curious about this pattern. I agree that it would drape better in a knit and shorten it!!
Jill Giard said... (10/15/07 7:47 PM) Reply
I wonder if you might have had better luck with a lightweight stable knit? Love the color you chose! The knit would drape a little more causing the dress to skim your body rather than stand away form it.
TallBean said... (10/15/07 3:27 PM) Reply
I LOVE the color of the fabric you chose...really pretty. You might feel better about the dress if you took some of the bulk away from your waistline...ie turn it into more of an A-line dress. I'm thinking about making it , but I don't know how well my suggestion would work.
Hilary said... (10/15/07 9:47 AM) Reply
I do like your dress, and I love your boots, too, btw! While I don't think it makes you look pregnant, I agree another style with more shape would flatter you more. I have this same problem, I can't wear a dress like that, it just emphasizes my short stature :o) Thanks so much for the review!

Kwik Sew 2935