Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5232 (Laura Ashley Misses Lined Dres)

Reviewed by:ChrisS

About ChrisSstar
AK USA
Member since: 5/30/07
Posted on:10/15/07 10:04 PM
Last Updated:10/16/07 3:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Big Dog said... (3/17/08 6:56 PM) Reply
It's great to hear you moved the zipper to the side seam, just what I was thinking could be done. I'll have to hunt through the stash for some fabric for this dress.
gatorgirl4325 said... (10/19/07 12:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful colors - I know those bridesmaids looked better in "your" dresses than they would have if they would have bought dresses from a bridal store. I hope everything went well at your sister's wedding.
Cecile Owens said... (10/16/07 8:11 PM) Reply
Masterful job. The dress looks lovely and I would think the bridesmaids would have been delighted to wear the dresses and your sister should have been very pleased. Absolutely beautiful!!!
ChrisS said... (10/16/07 3:58 PM) Reply
Thanks, I fixed the pic link so you sould be able to see the larger version now. I'll post a pic of all the bridesmaids at the wedding when I get them. The dresses looked nice but didn't fit perfect because the airline lost the dresses and I ended up only having about 1/2 a day for the final alterations instead of the 2 days I had planned on. I was up untill 4 am the night before the wedding just finishing hemming and alteration that had to be done.
mlsews said... (10/16/07 9:01 AM) Reply
beautiful, the color is just gorgeous.
carolynw said... (10/16/07 8:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress - lots of work I know but am sure all 5 turned out just fine.
KathleenS said... (10/16/07 6:41 AM) Reply
It looks great. I like the new neckline.
Hilary said... (10/16/07 6:22 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress, and the brides' maids must have all looked lovely in their custom fitted dresses! I made my brides' maids dresses as well but I only had to make three :D Great job!
Kitty Couture said... (10/16/07 4:30 AM) Reply
Wow, that is a beautiful dress! I love the colour too. Peau de soie... Yummy. Congrats on your first review and thank you for sharing it! :)
The link to the picture had an error by the way - the correct link is this: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/cmsargent/IMG_0026.jpg
Leora said... (10/15/07 11:21 PM) Reply
Sounds like a lot of hard work but a job well done. I wish I could see the dress but only the thumbnail comes in. Pretty colors! Congrats on your first review and welcome to PR!!!

Colette Patterns 3004