Pattern Reviews> Patrones Magazine> 08-2007-14 (Pants lasserre)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:10/22/07 3:19 PM
Last Updated:11/6/07 4:04 PM

Annette1 said... (11/11/07 0:39 AM) Reply
Now, these are PERFECT, really. If I hear one word about wrinkles or anything else, I may be making a surprise visit to the Netherlands. :o)
LauraLo said... (11/7/07 7:44 AM) Reply
Great pants, Sigrid, all that work was definitely worth it. And what a fabulous comprehensive review, thanks for it!
GinaSews said... (11/6/07 10:09 PM) Reply
Love your changes!
CarolynGM said... (11/6/07 7:41 PM) Reply
Your details about the pattern changes are extremely helpful. The revised back looks much better.
Leslie in NZ said... (11/6/07 6:39 PM) Reply
Sigrid, this was a very helpful review. Thank you for making such an effort to show us your process.
Annette1 said... (10/24/07 1:18 PM) Reply
These fit so well, I assumed they were made from a Burda pattern until I read that the pattern is from Patrones Magazine. You achieved a great fit with these. I love that welt pocket detail too!
Sigrid. said... (10/23/07 7:38 AM) Reply
Ladies, thanks for your comments on the fit. I will certainly try to make it better on my next pair.
Ingiepops said... (10/23/07 0:11 AM) Reply
Great-looking pants! I agree with Becky's advice as the wrinkles are diagonal not horizontal so a fish-eye dart might not work.
BeckyC said... (10/22/07 10:21 PM) Reply
Your pants look beautiful! I've been dealing with the same wrinkles in the back. The fisheye dart didn't work for me. Instead I took a diagonal wedge out of the CB from the crotchline up to the hipline. Pin the amount out at the fullest part of your behind blending to 0 at the side seams. Check to see how it looks. If it looks good transfer it to your pattern and it should work on your next pair. This is a fitting tip I used suggested by Peggy Sagers in her fitting video.
Speech girl said... (10/22/07 8:09 PM) Reply
Your pants look great. Thanks for a very helpful review.
Lee-Lee said... (10/22/07 7:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants, nice bias detail on the welt pocket and good fit. I recently tried Debbie Cook's "fish-eye" dart alteration to fix backside wrinkles with good results (especially after I remembered to increase the front inseam seam allowance by the same amount as the back; I hope that makes sense.)
Linda G said... (10/22/07 6:21 PM) Reply
Very nice pants..I just looked up your "smile" problem in my Pants for Real People Book. It looks you need to scoop out the back crotch a little. They are very nice looking pants and your smile problem should not be hard to fix.

Lutterloh 2005-14