Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2007-121 (Knit Jumper)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:10/25/07 8:28 AM
Last Updated:10/25/07 8:28 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
hongkongshopper said... (10/30/07 5:53 PM) Reply
Great stripe matching. Love the poses!
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/29/07 1:26 PM) Reply
What a great job! I have this issue, and I think I'm going to try my hand at this one. Bravo on the stripes. You should be proud.
PhyllisC said... (10/28/07 6:50 PM) Reply
Adorable, just adorable! You will definitely be turning heads in Paris in this jumper.
Johanna Lu said... (10/28/07 3:49 PM) Reply
Love your version of this dress, your choice of fabrics makes it much more fun - a real feel good dress :) And the photo reminds me of a Arthur Elgort shot, your pose really captures the mood of the dress!
slanden99 said... (10/28/07 8:12 AM) Reply
So cute and fun!
frame said... (10/27/07 5:23 PM) Reply
Very nice jumper. It will look wonderful in a black cotton jersey.
Mahogany Stylist said... (10/27/07 12:14 PM) Reply
Great jumper. I love the color/print and style combination. Can't wait to see your next version.
Mandolin82 said... (10/26/07 11:28 PM) Reply
Cute jumper, excellent review. And I really like the in motion pose, in many ways it expresses the look of the garment more.
Leora said... (10/26/07 7:04 PM) Reply
You look so NY chic. Yay for your photographer too!
MelissaB in WA said... (10/26/07 4:36 PM) Reply
I love your fun pictures! The jumper looks fantastic on you. I totally agree about turtlenecks, I can't stand something up high like that on my neck - looks great with a scoop neck top under.
Grammy Gin said... (10/26/07 4:21 PM) Reply
You & Cidell must have such a great time together. Your jumper is really cute. Very good job!
Sewingmi said... (10/26/07 2:28 PM) Reply
Great dress and great pose!
Peggy L said... (10/26/07 8:43 AM) Reply
Looks great on you!! Black for Paris sounds like a winner.
clare said... (10/26/07 8:13 AM) Reply
groovy! I love it!
Fran G said... (10/26/07 8:09 AM) Reply
Really cute on you and looks very comfortable! Great photos!
Lisa Laree said... (10/26/07 8:07 AM) Reply
Great jumper! And the garment looks good, too... ;) I'm having fun following The Sewing Adventures of Cidell and Nicegirl....
cindyann said... (10/26/07 7:49 AM) Reply
Very cute dress. Congrats on the pattern matching. That's always a little difficult.
Heatherrique said... (10/26/07 7:20 AM) Reply
Fabulous looking jumper! I adore your action and still photo shots! Your sunny spirit is so contagious!
ryan's mom said... (10/26/07 7:09 AM) Reply
Awesome dress! And Cidell was right--great jumping poses that Vogue should use.
Dolphin said... (10/26/07 3:49 AM) Reply
That is a really really nice dress and it suits you to a T. The way you cut and matched up the stripes makes it look so unique.
SillyValley said... (10/25/07 11:49 PM) Reply
The bodice looks great - glad that you took the time to map the stripes the way you wanted. totally worth it!!
Lori V said... (10/25/07 10:41 PM) Reply
Darling jumper, I love the action shots. You and Cidell have too much fun. I am envious, to have a sewing friend, you are so lucky.
Karen6790 said... (10/25/07 9:15 PM) Reply
This is so cute! I really, really need to track down this issue of BWOF. I think doing this in a black jersey will make a fabulous piece for the Paris wardrobe.
SandraB said... (10/25/07 8:45 PM) Reply
This dress is lovely on you. I love the stripes.
Sew4Fun said... (10/25/07 8:02 PM) Reply
You and Cidell look like you have so much fun when you get together. I love the photos and the poses, and of course the pinafore too. (Sorry I can't come at calling it a jumper, which is a warm, wooly sweater to me). Great review and fantastic job on matching those one directional stripes. That is no easy feat!
Nancywin said... (10/25/07 7:49 PM) Reply
I've been toying with the idea of making this. Yours looks great, so I may give it a try.
CynthiaSue said... (10/25/07 6:48 PM) Reply
hilarious picture. adorable dress!
Debbie Cook said... (10/25/07 6:00 PM) Reply
You and Cidell win for the best photos on PR lately. :-) Cute jumper on you. Definitely make it again; it's great!
Annette1 said... (10/25/07 4:59 PM) Reply
You and Cidell are just having way too much fun, and this is the perfect jumper to do it in too! Great job, as usual!
Ann Smith said... (10/25/07 4:52 PM) Reply
I love this jumper too. You look adorable in it.
Erica B. said... (10/25/07 3:59 PM) Reply
What a great looking dress! I loooooove the stripes!
craftyshark said... (10/25/07 2:50 PM) Reply
I love the fabric you used. So adorable!
davin said... (10/25/07 1:53 PM) Reply
I love the recreation of the model's pose; it shows how truly ridiculous such poses are, just to keep things interesting. When you sew, you just want to see the structure!
kiddo said... (10/25/07 1:36 PM) Reply
Great jumper!!! Thank you for posting the back view of the jumper.
Markie1 said... (10/25/07 12:41 PM) Reply
This is so cute! I love your choice of fabrics. i have this issue and that's it, i'm going to make it!
Christina Sonja said... (10/25/07 12:26 PM) Reply
Love the action shots! And your review is super informative. I also am not a fan of turtlenecks (I want to be, but cutting off my neck like that makes my face so round looking) so thanks for showing us that this is good with tops besides turtlenecks.
MarijaSLO said... (10/25/07 12:15 PM) Reply
I love the photo and the colors of the fabric! You sure make your project in an original way. :) You rule!
Carolyndh said... (10/25/07 12:09 PM) Reply
I agree! The photos are really full of positive energy! Just love your jumper!
Caroly72 said... (10/25/07 11:32 AM) Reply
I love the jumper--you look adorable in it! And I really enjoy your reviews!
cindy-lou said... (10/25/07 11:25 AM) Reply
YAY!!! I'm so glad you reviewed this dress. I bought that Burda after seeing Cidell's version, and I really want to make it!!
DorothyK said... (10/25/07 11:25 AM) Reply
Very cute. I love the stipes but I also agree that it would be a great jumper in black. You would wear it constantly.
Hilary said... (10/25/07 10:41 AM) Reply
I *LOVE* your jumper!! You look so cute in it! Great fabric, fantastic matching and I absolutely *love* the leaping shots too :D Thanks for making me smile!
pterion said... (10/25/07 10:24 AM) Reply
What a wonderful job you did on this and the photos are so fun...would love to see one with you and Cidell both wearing your different versions of this pattern.
RuthieSews said... (10/25/07 10:20 AM) Reply
What great fun!! I love the photos they gave me a smile. The whole stripes thing was totally worth it btw even if it was a pain.
Sic said... (10/25/07 10:13 AM) Reply
So cute! I am inspired to make a stripe-y version of this dress, too! Also, looks fierce with boots - nice work!
Kaitlinnegan said... (10/25/07 9:47 AM) Reply
Too cute! I just love the fabric. It looks great on you!
Sigrid. said... (10/25/07 9:44 AM) Reply
100% cute. Love the stripes and you did a fine job on these. Not my style, but dd certainly wants one (must not show her this review, as she also is wild about this color pink.)
Krista said... (10/25/07 9:39 AM) Reply
Nice job with the stripes! The fit and fabric look really adorable on you.
QuantumLobster said... (10/25/07 9:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! That jumper is soooooooo cute, and really brings out your figure.
gatorgirl4325 said... (10/25/07 9:13 AM) Reply
Too cute! Excellent job on the stripe matching and the photos are very good.
said... (10/25/07 9:07 AM) Reply
Very cute. I love that fabric on you on. Looks like you and Cidell have a ton of fun.
Nancy K said... (10/25/07 8:52 AM) Reply
Delightful interpretation of this design. Looks great on you.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2013-108