Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8398 (Very Easy Vogue)

Reviewed by:hongkongshopper

About hongkongshopperstarstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/26/04
Posted on:11/2/07 8:38 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
supermollio said... (11/6/07 10:40 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on the jacket (and the skirt as well)! I never would have noticed that pattern, but it's really cute as you did it!
MissCelie said... (11/5/07 5:20 PM) Reply
I love this as a coverup. But it also looks so very well made!
Annette1 said... (11/3/07 10:00 PM) Reply
Boy, that's the best-fitting bolero I've ever seen. Seems like they normally hang in an unflattering way over the bust, but this one fits you just perfectly and is very flattering. I love your seam binding, too. :o)
rivergum said... (11/3/07 5:37 PM) Reply
Terrific outfit! I'm also very impressed with the alterations you made.
Vonnevo said... (11/3/07 4:51 PM) Reply
Lookin' noice Vicki !!!!!
kiddo said... (11/3/07 3:43 PM) Reply
Great combo!!! Thank you for taking the time to photograph the steps involved. A picture is worth a thousand words!
Nancy K said... (11/3/07 10:58 AM) Reply
I made this last summer and had similar complaints about this 'easy' pattern. They skimp on technique in these patterns and thus I think it is harder rather than easy for a beginner. I too used my own finding for neck and seams. I think that this is much easier than using ready made bias tape. Yours is lovely and flattering.
LindsayT said... (11/3/07 9:29 AM) Reply
Very attractive jacket, and helpful review. Thanks!
ALY said... (11/3/07 9:26 AM) Reply
Cute jacket and the outfit looks great on you.
carolynw said... (11/3/07 8:53 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket - you have the slim figure to carry this off well. Love the entire outfit
CarolynGM said... (11/3/07 5:28 AM) Reply
Great review. I really appreciate all the info about choosing the right size. This style is just perfect for a light summer jacket.
Larkin said... (11/3/07 2:26 AM) Reply
What a great outfit! You've done a great job and it looks adorable on you! I'm just jealous that I couldn't join you for your PR weekend - cross Pacific is just too far!
Laurasews said... (11/2/07 9:42 PM) Reply
I love how you show the comparison of the 6 vs. the 8. Very helpful. I think a lot of us use a bigger size than we need sometimes. Your pictures perfectly illustrate what I should be looking for.
MelissaB in WA said... (11/2/07 9:33 PM) Reply
What an adorable little jacket!
Birgitte said... (11/2/07 8:56 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket, and your review is detailed with lots of pictures- thanks!
KathleenS said... (11/2/07 8:49 PM) Reply
Oh good, I was meaning to ask you for the pattern number for this. It's ever so cute, and I like the seam details with the topstitching.

by: arianamani...