Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3651 (Men's Hoody)

Reviewed by:CharityAK

About CharityAKstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 11/4/07
Posted on:11/13/07 11:21 AM
Last Updated:11/13/07 11:21 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Kids(boys & girls)
buxtonbaby said... (5/31/09 4:10 AM) Reply
Many thanks. I just had to add that when I read your comments I misread them, thinking you had said you had enough fleece for your other husband too! : ) Upon re-reading I was put straight.
TanyaMT said... (11/14/07 7:15 PM) Reply
Really nice. I just got this pattern this weekend and am now looking forward to makingit up!
cabinbaby said... (11/13/07 11:13 PM) Reply
There is another similar pattern by Jalie. I have made a few pull-overs for my husband and kids. It would work great with that fabric. I have used it with thick fleece and Polartec 300 Windstopper. I mention this because Three Sisters in Anchorage is going to start selling Jalie patterns. Or, that is what I have heard through the grapevine.
cabinbaby said... (11/13/07 10:23 PM) Reply
Hilary said... (11/13/07 5:59 PM) Reply
This looks great!! I have this pattern as well but I may never have need since we live in TX, LOL. I love that fabric, and what a great deal!!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/13/07 3:25 PM) Reply
What a cool hoodie. I think you are right about making a ton of money if you had the bolt of fabric. This is exactly the new kind of stuff kids are looking for. Great job and I know your son appreciates it.
CharityAK said... (11/13/07 1:53 PM) Reply
Total freak thing. I was visiting my parents in Portland. They have this auction that they went to alot. There were always different things depending on what they had found that week. I just happened to be visiting on the weekend that they had somehow procured a ton of Columbia fabrics, zippers, notions. etc. Sorry to disappoint all you Portlanders, but it was a one-time thing.
Angelia74 said... (11/13/07 1:39 PM) Reply
Looks so good! I just made my husband the kwik sew hoodie but I'm all set to make my son this hoodie! Thanks for the review
SarahSM said... (11/13/07 12:46 PM) Reply
Oooh! I gotta know: How did you find out about the Columbia auction?
CharityAK said... (11/13/07 11:20 AM) Reply
Oops! My mistake. I'll fix it. Thanks for catching that.
Irene Q said... (11/13/07 9:55 AM) Reply
Great job! Isn't it nice when they know how they want it? I noticed that your review says McCalls, but the link is to a Simplicity pattern...
Dmd4106 said... (11/12/07 10:47 PM) Reply
Great hoody and review!
Harleyjo said... (11/12/07 8:58 PM) Reply
I really like this!
Mandolin82 said... (11/12/07 8:24 PM) Reply
I can't mention this to my boys or they would want one.
Skymom said... (11/12/07 6:02 PM) Reply
I wasn't htinking "monk" so much as a big bear! Looks like the perfect garment for AK weather.
MelissaB in WA said... (11/12/07 3:48 PM) Reply
Looks very nice & cozy! Great buy on the fabric - such a steal!

by: myraminx