Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 02-2004-411 (My TNT Jeans Pattern)

Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

About Sherril Millerstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/16/07 0:02 AM
Last Updated:3/30/11 11:45 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 27 people

Other Projects by Sherril Miller using this Pattern

JillyBe said... (3/31/11 1:38 PM) Reply
Self-drafted jeans? How impressive is that??? Great job Sherrill!!!
LynneMR said... (3/31/11 0:07 AM) Reply
Great jeans Sherril - a beautiful fit and I love the topstitching detail.
Ody said... (1/8/09 11:31 PM) Reply
Yea!!! you not only got the pants done, but your camera working!! I think they look great and wonderful review as always!
sewtime said... (1/8/09 4:25 PM) Reply
Great fitting pants! Very nice.
Nancy K said... (8/12/08 2:10 PM) Reply
Great review. The fit here is really good, but I do understand your issue with the rear bagginess.
Helen near Sydney said... (8/10/08 6:06 AM) Reply
Fabulous jeans, they look fantastic on you.
Annette1 said... (8/10/08 3:47 AM) Reply
Oh, I forgot: I love that TOP too!
Annette1 said... (8/10/08 3:46 AM) Reply
Man, these look great from the front, but they REALLY look nice from the BACK (the highest compliment in pants, if you ask me). :o) You've got these babies NAILED!
blue mooney said... (8/9/08 9:09 AM) Reply
I really envy you your lovely fitted jeans!
Athene said... (8/8/08 4:57 PM) Reply
Such a great fit and lovely top stitch detailing.
michellep74 said... (8/8/08 12:37 PM) Reply
I really liked the originals, but I like the sueded brown ones even better!
Luckylibbet said... (8/8/08 12:05 PM) Reply
I like the brown even better than the original! That color is so fantastic on you! And of course, another gorgeous sewing job. I wish I could top stitch half as nicely as you.
Mufffet said... (8/8/08 10:37 AM) Reply
WOW...the brown ones have a great fit. The back looks terrific - this may be your perfect pants pattern - I still have excess in the back on mine, but there's always more to do, eh?
xtreme1 said... (8/8/08 2:50 AM) Reply
Fantastic job Sherril. I share your concerns about thin thighs in relation to the upper regions. Those jeans look wonderful on you and I believe you'll eventually and finally hit the jackpot with the perfect fit.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (8/7/08 10:36 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans. I love the top-stitching and the contrasting fabric in the fly. They look great on you. Or you look great in them.
Vonnevo said... (8/7/08 10:35 PM) Reply
Sherril, these are fabulous fitting jeans !!!!!!! Congratulations :)
Vintage Joan said... (8/7/08 10:34 PM) Reply
I love your new brown jeans! Really nice. They look soft, too.
Re Becca said... (8/7/08 10:13 PM) Reply
Congrats on TNT jeans, that is quite a score. You finally made it and they look great!
Peggy L said... (11/17/07 8:57 PM) Reply
Sherril - these look great on you (and I can tell you've lost weight!!). Another suggestion- I have thin legs but a larger waist and I have been experimenting with a couple different things. I just made a pair a size smaller and altered the waist by adding to the side seams above the hip level and making the darts narrower. I'm pleased with the fit through the legs. I've got the review written and am waiting for DH to do pics before posting.
Mufffet said... (11/17/07 2:41 PM) Reply
These are so pretty! Thanks for this review. As to the baggy back leg...in the pants class I had this happen in my muslin and a horizontal tuck across the back leg only, and at the area just below the hips seemed to take a LOT of that extra out of the back and helped with diagonal folds that formed from the hips to knees. I don't know if this helps you, but it might. You must compensate perhaps at the bottom for your hem. I think with me it was my shortness between hip and knee, but a number of the women had this same alteration and it is amazing how much it did. Not that I still have finished a really good fitting pair of pants, and you have! Congrats Sherril!!
blue mooney said... (11/17/07 10:16 AM) Reply
These look darned good! I understand wanting to make them even better, though, when they're soooo close to being perfect. Sorry I don't have the solution.
Grammy Gin said... (11/17/07 9:38 AM) Reply
Very flattering, IMHO ;-)
SouthernStitch said... (11/17/07 0:54 AM) Reply
These look really nice. There are no dreaded drag lines. They don't look bad at all! Do you think the fabric is too heavy is why they feel big? When you find that formula for the skinny legs let me know!
Sherril Miller said... (11/17/07 0:40 AM) Reply
Well, The snap broke on my jeans before I went the conference this morning so I couldn't wear them. At the class, CG was very busy teaching and then she brings up that next year she'll have a pants fitting class or give private fittings for $$$ before or after the conference. Then I didn't feel right to ask for help for free. So the problem may have to wait until next year. :( Unless, of course, someone here has a brilliant idea I could try.
carolynw said... (11/16/07 6:06 PM) Reply
Great fit - your pants look wonderful on you - love the colour
Hilary said... (11/16/07 2:59 PM) Reply
Great job on these, Sherrill! (as always!) I noticed right away when I looked at the pic that you'd lost weight-yah for you!!!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (11/16/07 1:44 PM) Reply
As usual, Sherril, this is a really good and useful review. And the pants look pretty darned good.
Luckylibbet said... (11/16/07 11:23 AM) Reply
Terrific color on you. I love the shape you put on the front pockets. As always, a stellar job.
BeckyC said... (11/16/07 11:05 AM) Reply
Your pants look great on you! Thank you for the great review. Can you share with us what Cynthia Guffey says about the back of the legs? I have the same diagonal lines on my muslin. Congratulations on your weight loss!!! Way to go!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/16/07 10:55 AM) Reply
Sherrill, another job well done. These look fabulous and I love the color on you, too.
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/16/07 10:19 AM) Reply
Congratulations on the weight loss - you did a great job on your jeans. I will be anxious to hear what you find out about altering the legs. You look marvellous!
Mahogany Stylist said... (11/16/07 10:18 AM) Reply
Love the outfit. The jeans are fantastic! I like the style and color.
cecelia said... (11/16/07 9:25 AM) Reply
Sherril, the fit challenge goes on, right? I like the fit you achieved in the back. Congrats on your weight loss. Let us know what Cynthia says about tweaking the back legs!
Doctor Sister said... (11/16/07 8:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing the plus sized patterns. These look great and I always look for your reviews.
said... (11/16/07 8:21 AM) Reply
Looks great. I love the color.
cindyann said... (11/16/07 7:46 AM) Reply
Wow Sherril, you are looking great. Your jeans look wonderful and the color is really nice especially with that great tee. The fit is spot on. I also have that baggy back thigh (chicken legs) so I'll be interested in what suggestions C. Guffery has for you. Be sure and let us know.
Lori V said... (11/16/07 7:10 AM) Reply
I think your jeans look great. Love the outfits.
Sew4Fun said... (11/16/07 5:53 AM) Reply
Can I say how fabulous you look! What a flattering outfit! Your jeans are great. Don't be so hard on yourself. :) It's nice to see you reviewing again, as I've missed your reviews.
Annette1 said... (11/16/07 1:52 AM) Reply
These look GREAT on you. Wish I had the skinny-leg problem. :o) Congratulations on losing 14 pounds too -- you look maaaaaaahvelous!
Linda G said... (11/16/07 1:41 AM) Reply
Great review. I know what you mean with ample belly and chicken legs ,without thighs...I have the same problem. The burgundy color is wonderful
michellep74 said... (11/16/07 0:52 AM) Reply
I really like how those turned out. The color is gorgeous! Whoever would've thought that such a great-looking pair of jeans would've come from that capri pattern?

by: Nana27