Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2007-115 (skirt)

Reviewed by:hongkongshopper

About hongkongshopperstarstar
Member since: 6/26/04
Posted on:11/17/07 7:30 PM
Last Updated:11/18/07 0:32 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

hongkongshopper said... (11/29/07 8:56 PM) Reply
Winifred, sorry for the delay - my internet has been down for a week - No the wrinkles don't press out. But the seams press pretty good for a poly.
Winifred said... (11/20/07 10:37 AM) Reply
I love the look of the fabric in thks lovely skirt. What was it like to press ? Do the crinkles come out ?
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/19/07 3:41 PM) Reply
Love your skirt!
MissCelie said... (11/19/07 9:59 AM) Reply
I just looked at this pattern over the weekend. I love the elastic in the lower hem.
hongkongshopper said... (11/18/07 10:20 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for nice comments! LindaG, that is a good idea for the bottom of the skirt. I might try that if I make it again. Nancy, I have updated the review to link to my album and blog. I have a photo there of the pocket, belt loop and waist.
Nancy K said... (11/18/07 8:18 AM) Reply
It looks great on you, but I also made this skirt and had to take in the back panel so that it wouldn't pouf too. I did a review of it and really love it. I did leave off the pockets though as I was both pressed for time and material. I am planning on making one for my daughter with pockets, can you take a picture of this with the waist line showing? I would love to see how this lays.,
Linda G said... (11/18/07 8:14 AM) Reply
Your skirt is so cute and you got it to fit well. I made this skirt too and reviewed the pattern...I also had to take lots and lots of fullness out of the butt. Mine is very casual and I did the raw bottom. I really like to wear it but next time (if there is a next time) I think I will redraft the back so the part below the elastic is a seperate piece that is gathered so the fullness does not go all the way up the piece.
blue mooney said... (11/18/07 7:31 AM) Reply
great outfit, cute detail. Burda seems to provide details in the back pretty often - so they never show up in the photos and you have to discover them in the line drawings.
marjenann said... (11/18/07 7:30 AM) Reply
Wow! I think that is a really smart looking skirt, from the front and back! Looks great on you!!
hongkongshopper said... (11/18/07 0:33 AM) Reply
Thanks Seamingly Simple for the link - the site would not work this morning when I did the review. I have now updated to put the page in the review.
Annette1 said... (11/17/07 10:29 PM) Reply
You know, when I looked at the pictures of your skirt, I thought it was white linen, until I read that it's crinkle poly. Now it will NEVER wrinkle. :o) I love the waistline of this skirt and (of course) that back panel, too. I wish I looked as good in a straight skirt as you do -- ha! Very pretty.
Seamingly Simple said... (11/17/07 9:50 PM) Reply
I love the lines of this skirt. I think it looks nicer with a traditional hem rather than fringe. The back elastic adds some roundness, which might be welcome if you're flat and unwelcome if you're not.
Ingiepops said... (11/17/07 8:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this, I really liked this one in the magazine until I realised it has a gathered back (wish they'd show these details in the model photo!). I bought some linen for it so I should give it a go and beware about the issues you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up!

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt