Pattern Reviews> Mrs. Stylebook Magazine> # 144 pg. 23 (Jacket)

Viewed 2032 times
Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:11/25/07 7:49 PM
Last Updated:12/10/07 8:03 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 34 people
Christine B said... (5/24/08 10:14 PM) Reply
This is the best, most detailed and most helpful MSB review I have read yet. I just received my Summer 2008 issue, and I am eager to draft a sloper and get started. Thank you!
Marji said... (12/11/07 8:25 AM) Reply
So Inspiring! Thank you for all this information, well laid out, informative. And the jacket is superb.
Karen8320 said... (12/10/07 6:51 PM) Reply
Kay, I am honestly so impressed by everything you do. This is just a fantastic piece of work! Your review is also exceptionally thorough and detailed. Well done!
bananaoil said... (12/10/07 6:04 PM) Reply
Love the fabric, I noticed you matched that check too_brava! And those "instructions"? I'm speechless.
Annette1 said... (12/10/07 5:34 PM) Reply
Very interesting. I usually cut my lining a little larger, too, all depending on what my fashion fabric is. Still, I wouldn't have anticipated that the lining could be the root of that particular problem. Boy, I like this jacket better every time I see it. :o)
Birgitte said... (12/10/07 1:57 PM) Reply
I just love your patience and attention to detail. The jacket is impeccable, and so are your skills!
MissCelie said... (12/10/07 9:47 AM) Reply
I was just looking at my MSB this morning thinking it was time to try and tackle it.
Leslie in Austin said... (12/10/07 8:45 AM) Reply
You jacket is impeccable. I'm inspired by your workmanship (and patience with MSB!).
MelissaB in WA said... (12/2/07 0:28 AM) Reply
Your jacket is superb. The fit is excellent and the style is very chic - beautiful work!
Boo97 said... (11/29/07 8:13 PM) Reply
Another beautiful creation. You continue to inspire!
Avril said... (11/28/07 7:51 PM) Reply
Lovey... beautiful tailoring.
Diane E said... (11/28/07 0:03 AM) Reply
Wow, Kay, this is a stunning jacket. It fits you beautifully. Your work is unbelievable. Thanks for the inspiration to try something really challenging!
Shrazzy said... (11/27/07 11:27 AM) Reply
After seeing the picture of your beautiful jacket yesterday, I just had to go back and read the whole thing and look at the exhibits. Thank you for sharing your wonderful lesson with us--it's truly inspiring!
Em's Summer said... (11/27/07 8:29 AM) Reply
I'm intrigued by these magazines, but haven't tried it yet. Your jacket looks great and makes me want to get a Mrs. Stylebook magazine.
Tailypo said... (11/26/07 11:32 PM) Reply
Fantastic results, as usual. I really like those lapels!
Heatherrique said... (11/26/07 10:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, Kay! Well done!
Sew_Creative said... (11/26/07 9:56 PM) Reply
well I know you have received a lot of comments but I just wanted to say this is the best review I have read thus far and I will be looking to read more of your reviews, thank you for taking so much time, this is what the site is all about. thank you. Debbie
jaeng said... (11/26/07 8:07 PM) Reply
I am very impressed by your creation. The smooth sleeves tell me that you are a talented sewer. I wish I am as good as you.
kiddo said... (11/26/07 7:34 PM) Reply
Just brilliant!!!
lmg said... (11/26/07 6:28 PM) Reply
What a beautiful job! Exquisite. What an inspiration.
carolynw said... (11/26/07 3:59 PM) Reply
Wonderful work - your jacket looks like really expensive ready to wear. Great review
Shrazzy said... (11/26/07 3:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
LindsayT said... (11/26/07 1:36 PM) Reply
I am in awe (and jealous of) your tailoring expertise. Wow. And what a great-looking jacket.
Nancy K said... (11/26/07 1:24 PM) Reply
There were some Mrs Stylebooks available on Ebay, but I hesitated too long and they were gone. I love your jacket and I am intrigued by your inputting into your PMB program. That is very interesting . I had been toying with buying one, but not been impressed with anything that I have seen from it. But this would be a very interesting use of PMB.
ConnieBJ said... (11/26/07 9:48 AM) Reply
Wow what a great review. I own two MSB as well but have never tried sewing anything from them. Excellent jacket
Sigrid. said... (11/26/07 9:41 AM) Reply
Double post, sorry
Sigrid. said... (11/26/07 9:41 AM) Reply
How wonderful. Great jacket and you certainly have a lot of patience to find out how this works. Impressive result.
Cornelia said... (11/26/07 8:09 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket, beautiful workmanship, only one question: Why are your skills rated as only intermediate?
Mary W said... (11/26/07 7:59 AM) Reply
Great jacket, you did an amazing job
Danvillegirl said... (11/26/07 5:29 AM) Reply
Another great looking jacket.
FloraNature said... (11/26/07 5:20 AM) Reply
That's a beautiful jacket, well worth the time to draft the styling.
Tez said... (11/26/07 5:05 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. You are so talented!
fuzzygalore said... (11/26/07 4:21 AM) Reply
Oooooh! I drool..
Marita Kinnula said... (11/26/07 2:44 AM) Reply
Kay, truly a fantastic jacket and a great review, thank you:-)
Seamingly Simple said... (11/26/07 1:04 AM) Reply
Gosh, this is a gorgeous jacket. I bought a Japanese magazine (Lady Boutique) but I haven't felt up to the challenge of drafting yet. Your review is inspiring me to give it a try, since your efforts were rewarded with a great-fitting and great-looking jacket. Thank you.
Annette1 said... (11/25/07 11:49 PM) Reply
Another spectacular jacket with impeccable workmanship. I can only say you have way, way, way, way, way, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more patience than I do! :o) Thanks for the great review!
Seaspur said... (11/25/07 10:48 PM) Reply
Wow, that jacket is beautiful! I also now have 2 MSB magazines and can't wait to make something. I got the dartless sloper drafted, but haven't had the time to make it up to see how it fits. I admit to being just a little intimidated by the whole thing.
Mahler said... (11/25/07 10:03 PM) Reply
Congratulations ! This jacket is a big succes. I love the fabric. It is always a great pleasure to read your reviews and to see your creations. Your are such a great sewer !
hongkongshopper said... (11/25/07 10:02 PM) Reply
Kay, great jacket. And well done on shopping from the stash!
KarmenG said... (11/25/07 9:35 PM) Reply
Adventure is right! This is amazing Kay. Love the fabric and love the fit.
Riordan said... (11/25/07 9:18 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I am in awe of your skill. Truly exquisite work. I am drooling!
CarolynGM said... (11/25/07 9:08 PM) Reply
Another awesome jacket (I would love to get my hands on some of that fabric). You are the queen of tailoring! what an adventure to draft this yourself.
marjenann said... (11/25/07 8:43 PM) Reply
Oh Kay! That is one awesome jacket! Very couture!!! Did you do pad stitching on the lapels, or build structure with interfacings instead???
Peggy L said... (11/25/07 8:38 PM) Reply
Absolutely awe inspiring! The workmanship is impeccable. Bravo.
Schnauzer said... (11/25/07 8:34 PM) Reply
Very,very nice!
Betsybobbin said... (11/25/07 8:23 PM) Reply
What an incredible jacket and review! I aspire to make a garmet as lovely as this Kay. Thank you!
CynthiaSue said... (11/25/07 7:57 PM) Reply
Fit looks completely couture. you are very talented.
Linda G said... (11/25/07 7:53 PM) Reply
YOur are awesome. I can't imagine using a pattern like that. I don't have the patience. You did a great job and the fabric is beautiful. I just cut out a Burda pattern with a very similar collar piece, now I am anxious to get it sewn...I thought it was interesting when I cut it.

by: Sheila457