Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2449 (trench coat)

Reviewed by:yorkshire lass

Last Updated:12/2/07 9:37 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Sweater knit fabrics

GinaSophia said... (3/16/10 3:51 PM) Reply
I actually had opposite results with the fit, I made this coat a size lower than my recommended size and still got a coat with way too much ease! I dont understand!
valerie sews said... (9/18/09 6:10 AM) Reply
Love your coat, Yorkshire Lass but as you know I am already a fan of this pattern. I look forward to seeing your next version.
Aunt Gail said... (9/9/08 5:41 AM) Reply
Quite a nice review of a pttern Project that has lots of things to think about--in order to get the look you wanted. Nice job.
So So said... (3/21/08 6:45 AM) Reply
I have printed this off , so i can work thro it, as i do my jacket. Great review, How did i miss this before?
gattidog said... (3/18/08 9:57 AM) Reply
This trench coat is very inspiring! I have found a coat fabric that is reversible. How do you think this trench coat would sew up without a lining? Thank you!
slt said... (1/23/08 8:49 PM) Reply
Awesome trench. Love it.
Marji said... (1/12/08 10:24 PM) Reply
I just bookmarked this review to come back to when I finally get around to making mine. Excellent job, great looking coat. Thanks for all the effort you went to to write this thorough review.
maryfrana said... (12/23/07 1:08 PM) Reply
This is very well made and wonderful looking. I am encouraged to keep going on mine. Sorry the fabric was disappointing but I think it will be so much faster the second time you make it. Great job!
marjenann said... (12/7/07 10:19 AM) Reply
Marvelous coat!! Lookout Chanel!
Avril said... (12/6/07 10:12 PM) Reply
Wonderful. Well done!
Grammy Gin said... (12/4/07 1:31 PM) Reply
Wow! You did a great job! It looks like it would take a long time to get it so perfect. Wish the lining picture would have been bigger....would've loved to see it. Now can't wait to see the waterproof one. ;-)
Marita Kinnula said... (12/4/07 11:53 AM) Reply
Good work and a very good review:-) Marita
Dmd4106 said... (12/4/07 1:04 AM) Reply
Great review!
Annette1 said... (12/3/07 6:20 PM) Reply
It's hard to beat a great trench, and yours is just that. It looks like it would be very flattering on, too. I know what you mean about so many BUTTONS. :o) Sometimes I end up with more in the buttons than I had in the fabric!
yorkshire lass said... (12/3/07 6:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the positive comments. I have tried to make the photo bigger and hopefully it is OK now. I am afraid I don't know how to fix the link to the pattern itself, but I think the pattern is out of print, maybe that is why it isn't showing?
blue mooney said... (12/3/07 7:50 AM) Reply
Great review; I hope we get to see bigger pics.
Marji said... (12/3/07 4:54 AM) Reply
Great review, but as the others have said, would love to see the pictures larger.
CynthiaSue said... (12/3/07 1:44 AM) Reply
Top of the line review. Now let's see that coat!
Nancywin said... (12/2/07 3:01 PM) Reply
Great looking coat. Your pics need to be resized and also your link to the pattern doesn't work. I'm looking forward to your revised review.
Jennifer shaw said... (12/2/07 2:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for such a helpful and well written review! I can hardly wait to see larger pics of how it looks.
Em's Summer said... (12/2/07 1:31 PM) Reply
I can't wait for the bigger pics! Other than that, definitely a great coat! Thanks for this very helpful review!
Lisa76 said... (12/2/07 9:56 AM) Reply
From what I can see it looks great but would love to see a bigger pic as it's too small. But from one Yorkshire lass to another Great Review!
MissCelie said... (12/2/07 9:53 AM) Reply
Your photo is coming up about 1 cm in size. I'd love to see the details. The photogallery pic looks awesome.

Sis Boom Angie Dress