Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3419 (Misses Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:12/13/07 7:36 PM
Last Updated:12/13/07 7:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 25 people

lynda828 said... (4/15/08 9:01 AM) Reply
Thank you clever woman I am a DD cup and will copy your idea. Hope you don't mind!! Just noticed you're and Aussie no wonder!!
KathleenS said... (12/15/07 6:13 AM) Reply
Uh, yeah, kind of. I'm sure my execution of it wouldn't be as great as yours though. Thanks!
Sew4Fun said... (12/14/07 9:58 PM) Reply
Kathleen, for the back neckline I turned the 6mm/1/4" seam allowance under, inserted some clear elastic, then stitched in place. Does that make more sense? :)
KathleenS said... (12/14/07 9:30 PM) Reply
I quite like the colours from here but it may well be different in real life. I'm not quite clear on how you did the back neckline - can you explain more or post a picture please?
Linda G said... (12/14/07 9:06 PM) Reply
Your top is beautiful...you have to wear it...it is a VERY wearable muslin.
2BSewing said... (12/14/07 7:50 PM) Reply
Wow! That's a one beautiful top and I like the changes you made to the pattern.
MelissaB in WA said... (12/14/07 5:53 PM) Reply
What a wonderful top Belinda! I love the colors/fabric and I think the alterations you made to the pattern are splendid - bravo! :-)
gatorgirl4325 said... (12/14/07 3:20 PM) Reply
The design changes you made really take this top from ordinary to extraordinary! The colors are nice - but if it just isn't you - it just isn't! : )
MissCelie said... (12/14/07 1:52 PM) Reply
I love tht the knit doesn't look like knit. It looks like a chiffon or georgette. Very very neat!
Jane S said... (12/14/07 11:44 AM) Reply
Wow, this is inspirational. I just made this up to get the fitting correct but thought it looked sort of boring when I had finished...but your version rocks!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to take this one out again.
cindyann said... (12/14/07 10:20 AM) Reply
I adore it, and really like it with the white tee. Great work. Look for another shamless copy. ;)
Grammy Gin said... (12/14/07 10:17 AM) Reply
Very nice muslin. I think you look great in it. Can't wait to see this top in your fabric choice! ;-)
Sherril Miller said... (12/14/07 9:43 AM) Reply
Cute design changes. I think breaking up that area is a great idea. I think I'll have to copy that one for this summer.
carolynw said... (12/14/07 9:35 AM) Reply
I absolutely love your top and you call this amuslin!! And one you will not wear!! I am with everyone else who has said it is lovely -please wear it as you look very nice in it.
marjenann said... (12/14/07 8:12 AM) Reply
Wow!! Great looking top!
Babs42 said... (12/14/07 8:07 AM) Reply
I love it. I don't think the fabric is garish at all. I think it is very fashion forward and looks great!
ryan's mom said... (12/14/07 7:37 AM) Reply
I like that style top with the empire line! And while the fabric is not your fave, I'll take it :) ! The bold colors really make it a standout and your version is so much more attractive than the illustration on the pattern envelope or clickable pattern image.
HeyJane said... (12/14/07 7:30 AM) Reply
Your neckline design is much better, it makes the whole top more interesting. It looks gorgeous on you! You really should wear it.
Danvillegirl said... (12/14/07 5:31 AM) Reply
Lovely colors in the fabric. I like the top!
OP Gal said... (12/14/07 5:15 AM) Reply
When I clicked on the photo and saw the top, I thought, "What beautiful fabric." So, I was amazed when I read that you thought it was garish. I think it's gorgeous. Also, I like the design changes you made. It's a lovely top. Thanks for the review.
Mel.J said... (12/14/07 4:48 AM) Reply
Not quite 'you' - well, it's not pink is it? ;) (I'd probably wear it though) I LOVE the design changes, particularly for the mesh fabric.
Annette1 said... (12/14/07 4:04 AM) Reply
Well, maybe I'm just garish at heart, but I think this looks great on you. As EveS said, it's just plain HAPPY. :o) I like your design changes and, in fact, prefer your version to the one on the envelope. I know what it's like trying to wear something that doesn't feel like "you," but if you can get past that, I'll bet you'd get a lot of compliments on this one if you wore it out and about. And you KNOW I'm never wrong. :o)
kirianth said... (12/14/07 3:48 AM) Reply
I like it! But I can see how it'd look quite bright and garish. I'm not sure I'd wear the print either. The design changes, however, I believe I'm going to shamelessly copy. :) The details would also work for an IBTC member by adding some distraction!
hongkongshopper said... (12/14/07 3:31 AM) Reply
I love it , but agree it is not really you.
JDpenelope said... (12/14/07 0:43 AM) Reply
Great muslin -- I would wear it, garish fabric and all. Thanks for all of your ideas, innovative, as usual.
rivergum said... (12/14/07 0:36 AM) Reply
That's a lovely top, Belinda. Beautifully made too, as usual.
lilyofthevalley said... (12/13/07 11:40 PM) Reply
I too love your design changes, the fabric, the fit on you, everything! It looks wonderful on you. -Lily
Lori V said... (12/13/07 11:09 PM) Reply
Belinda, I love your top, you should wear it. As you have told me, put it in the closet for a week and then bring it back out. I love the design changes. Great job again.
khurtdvm said... (12/13/07 10:46 PM) Reply
I think it looks great! That's not my usual style, either, but I would feel resoundingly cheerful wearing it.
Schnauzer said... (12/13/07 10:11 PM) Reply
Very pretty top Belinda and well sewn as always.
cathy45 said... (12/13/07 10:10 PM) Reply
Love your changes--very fun top.
EveS said... (12/13/07 9:54 PM) Reply
This is just plain HAPPY! I must side with the others...a perfect combination of style and fabric, IMO. I would buy this top if I saw it in a store. I'll send you my address if you just can't live with it anymore. ;)
Karen8320 said... (12/13/07 9:53 PM) Reply
Belinda, this really looks quite lovely! Certainly not too bright for an Australian summer. Bravo to anyone who makes design changes to make a pattern uniquely theirs - I really like what you've done to this pattern to make it that little bit different. I will look forward to seeing what other variations you make to this.
mastdenman said... (12/13/07 9:50 PM) Reply
I think you look great in it. Maybe it needs to spend a while in the back of the closet.
xtreme1 said... (12/13/07 9:44 PM) Reply
A lovely top. Much much more attractive than that on the pattern envelope. The sleeves look great in my opinion. I think the fabric pattern, fabric and style all compliment one another.
BjP said... (12/13/07 9:38 PM) Reply
It looks great on you! I think you should rethink giving it away - really! I've made this up and really like it but I think I will try opening up the front like you did next time. Great idea!
narcissaqtpie said... (12/13/07 9:35 PM) Reply
Oh my what pretty fabric! Beautiful top!
Birgitte said... (12/13/07 8:44 PM) Reply
What a beautifully made top and I love your alterations- wonderful review!
ALY said... (12/13/07 8:28 PM) Reply
It is a gorgeous muslin, The colors aren't too bright for me. I really like the design changes you made.
Elona said... (12/13/07 7:55 PM) Reply
What a lovely top! The colors and your sleeve innovation give it an ethereal quality--very unusual.

by: sarah121ha...