Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5941 (Pants, top, jacket and skirts)

Reviewed by:jewelea

About jeweleastar
TX USA
Member since: 10/19/05
Posted on:12/17/07 11:08 PM
Last Updated:12/17/07 11:33 PM

blue mooney said... (12/20/07 5:47 PM) Reply
Very cute! The buttons add so much to the effect.
ryan's mom said... (12/20/07 5:16 PM) Reply
Mmmm...that looks like a luscious jacket! Send it my way please :) . The fabric, color, and fringing really make it a standout.
Membear said... (12/19/07 6:51 PM) Reply
I love it . You did a great job and should feel very stylish wearing it!!
Grammy Gin said... (12/19/07 9:37 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! After all the work you put into it, I hope you get to wear it often ;-)
Nancywin said... (12/19/07 1:45 AM) Reply
This was a big job! I love what you did with the buttons and all the details. Very nice.
Mahler said... (12/18/07 10:44 PM) Reply
Bonjour Jewelea, I lllooovvveee your jacket ! I find it original and so tasteful ! I have no doubts that lots of hours were invested in creating ti. All those efforts were worth while, that is certain. Congratulations !
Annette1 said... (12/18/07 7:30 PM) Reply
Very pretty, indeed! I hope you get lots of wear out of your jacket. It deserves it -- ha! I'll be stealing your button idea in the future, too. :o)
Vintage Joan said... (12/18/07 4:33 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful jacket!! And the button technique is wonderful -- thanks for the inspiration.
BJ1400 said... (12/18/07 2:48 PM) Reply
Love, love your jacket. Love the button technique, & the fringe & the shawl collar, and the fabric. Looks terrific.
Linda G said... (12/18/07 1:21 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on the jacket. Isn't it rewarding to totally draft something different from a basic pattern?
EleanorSews said... (12/18/07 12:56 PM) Reply
Kudos! What an adventure you had, and what a great result! You had a great vision and what perserverance to make it all come true. It is a jacket you should wear often and I hope you do. It is stunning.
lilyofthevalley said... (12/18/07 12:21 PM) Reply
This is a killer jacket! When I saw the fringed welts, I sat bolt upright in my chair. I'll read your description carefully to see if I can decipher how you did it. Please wear this jacket often; mouths will pop open. -Lily
carolynw said... (12/18/07 9:25 AM) Reply
jewelea I absolutely love your jacket and went into shock when I saw the pattern you used - I have it - never used it as I didn't think it would amount to much - how very wrong!! I know you made quite a few changes but still the end result is s show stopper from a ho hum pattern!
cecelia said... (12/18/07 9:23 AM) Reply
It's a beautiful jacket. You made some very nice changes which came out well. I love the colors, and the fringe adds a lot to the jacket.
LindsayT said... (12/18/07 8:49 AM) Reply
I am so impressed with all your hard work. Nice job!
marjenann said... (12/18/07 8:33 AM) Reply
Absolute perfection!!!!
ZeldaDC said... (12/18/07 7:26 AM) Reply
Looks great - and I can see why the fabric called to you.
Danvillegirl said... (12/18/07 5:25 AM) Reply
Love the extra design touches, also love the colors of this fabric.
LauraTS said... (12/18/07 2:39 AM) Reply
What a wonderful fabric and great color, and I love the fringe details.
Heatherrique said... (12/18/07 2:07 AM) Reply
Superb detailing! I am very impressing with the colors, fringing, buttons, fit, and style!
Karen8320 said... (12/18/07 1:15 AM) Reply
Jewelea, wow, this is so lovely! All of the time you've put into it has paid off. You should be more than just pleased with how this has turned out - I am really impressed by what you've done! What lovely colouring in the fabric and using two matching buttons for effect is just perfect. The fringing really gives it a very unique look. Great work!
xtreme1 said... (12/18/07 0:11 AM) Reply
It's a lovely jacket and I am very keen on the fringing effect - looks terrific.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2005-101B