Pattern Reviews> Other> 1 (Pattern School Bikini)

Reviewed by:Blooms

About Bloomsstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 5/2/06

Posted on:12/19/07 7:41 AM
Last Updated:1/12/09 7:30 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Miranda said... (1/12/09 6:03 PM) Reply
Very nice! I haven't been able to print out from that site, but might have to put DH to work on it... Hope it is okay to put this link here. I couldn't put a comment on your blog as I don't have the appropriate account. Your blog says you're looking for an Australian supplier of swimsuit linings? I've bought some swimsuit fabric and lining fabric from: http://www.stretchtex.com.au/ but haven't sewn with them yet. Soon, though. I'm feeling inspired to sew swimsuits!
Christas said... (1/12/09 5:02 PM) Reply
Your versions are all wonderful! You did a great job on these.
fuzzygalore said... (1/12/09 1:45 PM) Reply
I'm not sure it's entirely a good idea to eliminate the different rates of gatherings for different places. I've had much better results when sewing elastic to the front of the leg in almost a 1:1 ratio, and going taunt only at the back, for instance.
daff said... (1/12/09 12:16 PM) Reply
Oh wow, this review is so helpful! Sewing a suit for myself is one of my goals this year. I will definitely be using your tips and link!
donna mel said... (1/12/09 8:13 AM) Reply
you have done a great job! it all sounds a bit tricky...maybe you could start making swimsuits for us!
Bernie R. said... (7/9/08 0:20 AM) Reply
First of all, if I had your body I'd be wearing those bikinis to work! Secondly, I just discovered this site over the weekend, but wasn't sure about it. Your review is very timely. I'm ready to try my first swimsuit. Thanks for the great review!
Helen near Sydney said... (12/21/07 6:35 AM) Reply
Fabulous review, thanks for all the tips and clues. I wonder if they make mankini's .....?!
Sew4Fun said... (12/20/07 4:34 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for this review. I have been talking about this website with friends so it's great to read a review from someone who has used the instructions. Fabulous bikinis!
fuzzygalore said... (12/19/07 5:34 PM) Reply
I peeked at your blog, and these are fabulous! Bikinis are probably the most expensive item on earth per square inch, and yours look totally professional. Way to go!
Christina Sonja said... (12/19/07 9:43 AM) Reply
These are *incredible*!! That website is such a great resource. You look great in all of your new bikinis!
Kay Y said... (12/19/07 8:42 AM) Reply
What a great site! Thanks for this very helpful review.

Simplicity OOP 7454