Pattern Reviews> Butterick> B4087 (1950's Vintage Apron)

Reviewed by:neither

Posted on:12/22/07 9:57 AM
Last Updated:9/25/08 2:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
neither said... (12/21/08 8:06 AM) Reply
veronicagoth, It is Butterick 4087. Pretty easy as patterns go. The gathering at the waist and shoulders is the only thing that might give beginners a little trouble, but not enough to sway them from not trying. John
veronicagoth said... (12/20/08 2:38 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness how did you make it?? It's gorgeous and perfect.
neither said... (9/26/08 6:06 AM) Reply
Knanna, I have a great story about gift giving. We have an Airedale Dog that is a child substitute. We dote on her and have a lot of small items that are airedale oriented around the house. pictures, calendars, ect. One Christmas I was at the mall came upon a store that sold Socks with Airedales printed on them I bought a pair as a gift for my wife. My wife came upon the same store and in the course of shopping was talking to the sales person and the salesperson mentioned that a man had just bought a pair for his wife. My wife figured out that it was probably me so she bought a pair and the wrapped them up and placed them under the tree. Christmas morning came and I insisted she open these socks first so as to see her delight. She did and then she handed me her gift, I opened the wrapping and to my surprise, here was the same set of socks. We had a big laugh and now she is the proud possessor of 2 pairs of Airedale socks, as the socks in question are a little outside of my fashion choice range. John
diningroomseamstress said... (9/25/08 8:18 PM) Reply
Love that you and your wife like giving each other gag gifts that have usefulness too. Now, as for me, I would use it when slaving over a Sunday dinner of fried chicken and mashed potatoes. :-)
Nancy Anne said... (9/25/08 7:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful apron! I've made several similar to this- great idea about the reinforcement strap in the back. I've not been able to figure out how to combat that, and my straps keep sliding down. (I actually LIKE wearing aprons like this!.)
Danvillegirl said... (12/23/07 4:31 PM) Reply
Nice apron
AnneMarie60 said... (12/22/07 1:18 PM) Reply
Cute apron. I have always enjoyed wearing an apron. Not long ago, I bought a grab bag at an estate sale for $1. In that bag, among other nice items, were several vintage aprons in great condiiton. I have truly enjoyed wearing each one, too. Great gift for your wife!
neither said... (12/22/07 1:14 PM) Reply
My wife turns 65 next year, and has always worn aprons that I make for her when she is cooking in the kitchen. She can't imagine doing any cooking without one on. This one is seldom used except when she wants to surprise someone. It is always good for a laugh.
Linda Mae said... (12/22/07 12:04 PM) Reply
Love your apron! I had a smile on my face reading your notes on it. I well remember "Leave it to Beaver". My mother wore aprons all the time but never with heels and pearls! My friend and I just turned 60 this year and we have started making aprons.--not to be "June", but because we get sloppier as we age! Decided we need aprons now to help with our messiness and protect our clothing!

by: Kristine K...