Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2007-122 (Yoga Pants)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:12/22/07 10:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Alexruthe said... (1/3/08 8:06 PM) Reply
Definitly love these pants! I've made 2 pairs now!
Fabricgurl said... (12/30/07 11:17 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for this review as I'm trying to find patterns that my teens will like.
Erica B. said... (12/28/07 12:38 PM) Reply
Those are awesome! I have some black stretch velour in my collection and I think I'll make these and the hoodie. You are right about Target. I couldn't wear them anyway... they would be too short.
ChristineX said... (12/24/07 6:29 PM) Reply
Cute pants! Thanks for the tip about still needing a swayback adjustment.
Grammy Gin said... (12/24/07 11:54 AM) Reply
Yes they are too cute to get sweated in! Wish I had gotten the subscription earlier. Heck, I'm still waiting, after about 3 months from Amazon. What a great fit ;-)
Tany said... (12/24/07 5:48 AM) Reply
Great pair of lounge pants, Cidell! Well done!
Annette1 said... (12/24/07 1:05 AM) Reply
True, you might find some pants at Target for $10, but they wouldn't be nearly as pretty as these or fit so well as these. :o) Perfect!
jaeng said... (12/23/07 9:36 PM) Reply
I love it , I want one.
Karen6790 said... (12/23/07 3:20 PM) Reply
These are really cute. Once the holidays are over and I get to start sewing for myself again, I could see spending the rest of the winter lounging around in these. BTW, you're right - those are too nice to sweat in. You'll just have to make more.
Jane S said... (12/23/07 3:05 PM) Reply
Wow, wonderful color and terrific fit. No, don't sweat up this version but there's still fabric out there that would be perfect for the next pair:-)
Christina Sonja said... (12/23/07 1:01 PM) Reply
Great pants! And you could always make another pair to wear to yoga (do you even wear pants to that?).
lmg said... (12/23/07 12:41 PM) Reply
Great yoga pants. THis is on my list and thanks for the heads up on the swayback adjustment. I hoped I could get away without it. Oh well.
MarthaMcKeon said... (12/23/07 11:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I was just checking out this pattern. I can always use a new pair of yoga pants - we take a power class once a week, and a less vigorous one once a week. I agree about the hot yoga - I think the new looser capri-ish length with the side slit would be better for that.
cindy-lou said... (12/23/07 10:40 AM) Reply
Okay, Cidell, yours are sooo much cuter than mine-- I'm still figuring out what size I am in Burdaworld. HOWEVER, I agree-- these are soooo cute and soooo comfy! I made some from red velour and they are my Christmas runaround pante-- the greatest!
Mahogany Stylist said... (12/23/07 10:05 AM) Reply
J Lo would be jealous. Great pants!
karin smeenk said... (12/23/07 9:43 AM) Reply
It looks lovely in velour! I made 2 of these and even my 13 year old made one of these pants. They sew up sooo easy, but I had trace of at least one size smaller than usual, probably due to the fabric I used.
Sic said... (12/23/07 9:35 AM) Reply
Cute! The fabric choice suits these pants! Thank you for the review!
Deepika said... (12/23/07 9:26 AM) Reply
I agree they are too cute to wear to yoga :) I've made the kwik sew version ( 3115) many times. Its a winner! You'll see you'll be cranking another pair in no time.
marjenann said... (12/23/07 8:31 AM) Reply
Those yoga pants look great! I must have a pair!!!
fuzzygalore said... (12/23/07 4:34 AM) Reply
Very true about the swayback (or fba, whatever your thing) in knits ;-). I'm sure you look cuter in these than the target version too, never mind the quality. How about some nice powerdry for a real birkram version?
F and L said... (12/23/07 4:26 AM) Reply
I loooove those!!
CynthiaSue said... (12/23/07 2:14 AM) Reply
ooooh velour, oh so stylish. they look totally bought. great job. Go Bikram!! It's the yoga of choice here in Santa Cruz!
Nancywin said... (12/22/07 11:42 PM) Reply
I don't think there really are any housewives in Orange County... Great pants, I've been eying this pattern too.

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-111