Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Revisions> 109 (Nuevo Shirt)

Reviewed by:ITAdmin

About ITAdminstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 11/19/06
Posted on:12/29/07 5:38 AM
Last Updated:11/14/08 2:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
marthamyers said... (7/15/09 11:52 AM) Reply
Great review - what a day brightener! Thanks for the details.
Annette1 said... (11/17/08 1:41 AM) Reply
I remembered your first review, and I'm glad you've got this one worked out to your liking now. The added interfacing was a great idea!
sewtime said... (11/14/08 6:12 PM) Reply
A good mix of material, cute! Great review.
Annette1 said... (1/2/08 0:45 AM) Reply
What a great review, not that I mean to laugh at your frustration, but the review is VERY entertaining. :o)) "Inspirational tidbits," huh? Well, I think your shirt turned out great, and I can't wait to see the next version. :o)
OP Gal said... (12/30/07 5:54 PM) Reply
Thanks for the chuckle and the information on this pattern. I know what you mean about ReVisions patterns being "artsy." That being said, I think your trial shirt is fun and you did a great job.
ITAdmin said... (12/30/07 3:24 PM) Reply
franticfashion, if you happen to see this, check out the hand-felted coat pictured on the Revisions webpage. It's in the Customer Gallery, made from the Heartfelt Coat pattern. I'm not really that big on coats, but IMO that is one beautiful garment.
rivergum said... (12/30/07 1:41 PM) Reply
This is an interesting pattern. Thanks for drawing my attention to this brand, they have a couple of jackets that look worth investigating too.
SewLil said... (12/29/07 12:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. They have some interesting patterns.
Puppy said... (12/29/07 11:27 AM) Reply
Very entertaining review and I like the whimsey of this shirt...a cool way to get some Dick and Jane nostalgia without using the D&J fabric for the whole outfit. My patterns without detailed instructions just sit around, but I do actually like all the pics that give added design ideas...I need a little help in the creativity area. Hats off to the way you allowed yourself to "go with" your inner designer. I think it should be fun to wear.
Luckylibbet said... (12/29/07 11:16 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the wonderfully detailed review! I'm a fellow torturer, so I totally understand!
carolynw said... (12/29/07 10:08 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for a great laugh this morning - DH came by to see why the uproarious laughter!! Love sewers who can maintain a sense of humour through these trials! Maybe next time round you will produce a shirt you feel more happy with - will be looking out for your next version!
JudiBee2 said... (12/29/07 10:05 AM) Reply
Thanks for the informative review. You really tackled a difficult pattern. You mentioned many salient points for the rest of us to consider before starting such a project. Thanks for taking the time to do so.
marjenann said... (12/29/07 8:19 AM) Reply
What a hoot!! LOL! Seriously I like this pattern and it looks especially good on on you! Even though it is a muslin, I would definitely wear it. The fabric reminds me of my primer reader in the first grade!! What fun!
RuthieSews said... (12/29/07 7:40 AM) Reply
Great review. Fascinating shirt though completely mad. Given the mix of different fabrics used do you think you'll be able to wash it? Or maybe just hang it on the wall as art!
Peggy L said... (12/29/07 7:30 AM) Reply
Great review! Always nice to have a good laugh first thing in the morning. Interesting design and I like your fabrics. I learned to read with Dick, Jane and Spot but have been clueless as to what to do with the fabric. I'll be watching for your next version.

by: stonecutte...