Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3708 (Boys and Mens Jacket)

Reviewed by:krinn

About krinnstar
NJ USA
Member since: 7/9/06
Posted on:12/27/07 11:20 AM
Last Updated:12/27/07 11:20 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Kids(boys & girls)

tgm and Kittys said... (10/24/10 3:04 PM) Reply
I wonder if this pattern is still available? Sounds like a very nice fall/spring jacket. And buttons which last longer than many zippers. I love your finished project...very nice
SewBetsy said... (11/14/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Hi I am in the process of making this jacket. I would say it has taken me about a week so far, but I am lining it and I am currently having some trouble with the collar. I am just going to remake it I think the over collar piece is too big ( I used more seam allowance on the under collar so they don't match up ) at any rate the sleeves are next so I appreciate knowing the pattern has the sleeves backwards :)
SewBetsy said... (11/14/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Milovana said... (11/9/08 6:53 PM) Reply
Hi, I like how it looks, even with the sleeves ;-) How long did it take you to make the jacket? I just got the pattern and am going to try it in corduroy for my husband (christmas present ;-) ) Thank you, Milovana
krinn said... (12/29/07 3:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments ladies. RuthieK, no it is not lined. And flygirlTRE, I didn't even realize it, but yes the sleeves are on backwards! Oops!
flygirlTRE said... (12/28/07 7:47 AM) Reply
I don't want to be nitpicky, but did you put the sleeves on backwards? I was just wondering because I think my boys would like this style, but I am confused about the sleeves. I am not sure I like that look if that is how the pattern is drafted.
ZeldaDC said... (12/28/07 7:02 AM) Reply
I fell in love with that Project Runway jacket when the episode aired; it looked so hip. Inspiring to know that you've made this good-looking version!
marjenann said... (12/27/07 8:04 PM) Reply
The men I know would live in this jacket! It is very cool! Great idea!
RuthieSews said... (12/27/07 12:03 PM) Reply
What an interesting idea to make it in fleece. Is it lined?

Pattern Work
Pattern Work

Simplicity 2053

by: sewing gen...

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Sewing Workshop Daily News Bag Pattern