Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6753 (Easy Gathered Front Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

Last Updated:12/28/07 3:43 PM

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Elemenopeo said... (12/29/07 8:56 PM) Reply
This looks great on you!
Annette1 said... (12/29/07 5:09 PM) Reply
Oooo, very cute, and not at all too risque. :o) Ever now and then I think something is too "young" for me, but then I think, naaaaaaaaa!! And I'm a LOT older than you. That's a great idea, too, for the V neck. I've sewn tops with a center seam and a V neck, and if I'm understanding correctly, it would be the same concept. I would have never thought to incorporate that into a one-piece front though. Looks like you have a budding photographer on your hands there, brand new camera and all. I wish I had her here to take my pictures too. Another great top, sewn beautifully!
Seamingly Simple said... (12/29/07 12:15 PM) Reply
This top is not at all risqué IMHO. Furthermore, it is a good style on you: not too young at all! A wardrobe of conservative items is sensible but very boring. Wear this top with panache (and dark sunglasses if you are still worried about being recognized in it).
suzanrossi said... (12/28/07 10:32 PM) Reply
Sweet pattern. Nicely sewn!
Kiwi Girl said... (12/28/07 8:49 PM) Reply
I like you top and think it will be a great one for me in our autumn. Thanks for showing it to me
michellep74 said... (12/28/07 7:41 PM) Reply
It really doesn't look all that sheer to me with the black top under it. Maybe you could wear a small cami underneath if you're uncomfortable? The top is very cute!
marjenann said... (12/28/07 6:40 PM) Reply
I think your top is perfect, Heatherrique! Perfectly age appropriate for you! This could be a tried and true pattern for you!
cindy-lou said... (12/28/07 6:04 PM) Reply
Very cute top Heatherrique! And no, the lighting doesn't make it nasty. I have a friend who wore a sheer top once, adn every flashbulb pic of her showed her bra perfectly X-rayed under the top :o -- THAT was bad, but this is NOT at all. Wear it with pride!!
fuzzygalore said... (12/28/07 5:30 PM) Reply
No, no, don't worry about it! The sheer top look is just an artifact of the flash, nothing to do with real life, we all have tops like that. I guarantee your students will just admire your good taste and not think of anything else :-). It's not the photographer's fault either, even if she's well equipped now :-). Thanks for pointing this pattern out though, it's very nice..

Understanding Wool Fabrics