Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7855

Member since: 1/1/07
Posted on:12/30/07 9:41 AM
Last Updated:1/1/08 1:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
RachelStonebreaker said... (5/22/13 9:44 AM) Reply
I loved all of your additions! You've inspired me to go a little beyond the pattern and add some extras like you did. I especially liked the reverse fabric on the under-collar and the piping on the lining. Very nice touches.
MaggieBob said... (11/16/08 6:49 PM) Reply
I have a Burda pattern that is essentially identical to this - the difference is that it is a plus-size pattern. My pattern has patch pockets, and I am not crazy about patch pockets. From the photo, it looks like you made your coat with inseam pockets. Was this another style change you made or did the pattern provide for this type of pocket. If a style change, how did you do it??
javanh said... (10/19/08 1:17 PM) Reply
Excellent job, beautiful coat, you have enspired me to sew myself a new coat our of chocolate brown wool. I love the classic lines.
FreckleHead said... (8/24/08 2:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! Very Inspiring. I have always wanted a fancy long coat, and this review is a great help. I love the lining, too!
mylittleelephant said... (1/28/08 7:55 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone, lovely to come back to check this review, to find more compliments! I have changed myself to "Advanced Beginner" now, I must be feeling more confident after receiving comments in PR. You guys are giving me such a encouragement, thank you so much again!
Jan B. said... (1/5/08 11:32 PM) Reply
Simply gorgeous. You have natural talent. Your skills are far above a beginner!!
CatMukai said... (1/4/08 7:53 PM) Reply
I am jealous! The coat is great and I can't believe you did the buttonholes by hand! I admire you
morzel said... (1/2/08 3:17 PM) Reply
Great coat!
Hilary said... (1/2/08 2:26 PM) Reply
Your coat turned out beautifully-well done! And as others have said, if you can make a coat this gorgeous, you definitely aren't a beginner!! :o)
crisford said... (1/2/08 11:58 AM) Reply
Just beautiful and very inspiring!
Mary Stiefer said... (1/2/08 10:13 AM) Reply
Your stitching is beautiful and the lines of the coat really show it off. You've done a fabulous job. You certainly aren't a beginner anymore. Congratulations.
mylittleelephant said... (1/2/08 9:48 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! And Izzy,I have done buttonholes by hand-sewing, only because my beloved old sewing machine has no buttonhole function.
speedythemouse said... (1/1/08 11:48 PM) Reply
this is really nice work, great coat! I've got a piece of cashmere laid up for a coat and havn't started it yet. Could you tell me how you did your button holes?
Lori V said... (1/1/08 10:40 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful.
Jane S said... (1/1/08 8:18 PM) Reply
Wow, what a wonderful coat. Your details made it even more special, truly a custom design. I especially love the belt you added and the undercollar contrast. Bravo!
marjenann said... (1/1/08 7:29 PM) Reply
Fantastic workmanship!! I love everything about this coat!!!
Betsybobbin said... (1/1/08 6:23 PM) Reply
What a lovely coat and what a great sewing job you did! I enjoyed your review. thanks!
Sheila457 said... (1/1/08 6:04 PM) Reply
Totally love the coat and to think you are a beginner.
Linda G said... (1/1/08 5:07 PM) Reply
Wow you did a beautiful job. I love the color, the style the workmanship, everything about the coat.
gaby said... (1/1/08 4:58 PM) Reply
Look at all your pattern modifications! It makes it that much more special. I agree with the other ladies, you are no longer a beginner, you are doing an excellent job! Your jacket looks outstanding!
christine A said... (1/1/08 4:28 PM) Reply
very nice, great job!!
Kellie R. said... (1/1/08 2:35 PM) Reply
What a beautiful coat! I agree with Riiordan, you're more advanced than a beginner! Great job!!!!
Sigrid. said... (1/1/08 2:27 PM) Reply
Perfect coat. I agree with Riordan that I think your sewing level is more than "beginner". Great work.
mrs quickly said... (1/1/08 2:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat. Love the addition of the belt and vintage buckle. Thanks for the review. I was just looking at this pattern the other day and toying with the idea of making a long coat for myself since I can't find anything in the stores. All the RTW coats are 3/4 length or shorter. Not a good look with a longer skirt.
Riordan said... (1/1/08 1:46 PM) Reply
Your coat is beautiful!! Great pattern. You MUST reconsider your "beginner" level--your skills are more advanced!
SarahSM said... (1/1/08 1:43 PM) Reply
Nice coat! I love the detail on the cuffs and the seaming... Just gorgeous.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2007-105