Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2934

MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:1/25/02 11:06 PM

Annette H said... (3/21/04 5:10 PM) Reply
It's such a vibrant colour and looks good on you. You could wear it under a suit jacket. the neck could be covered by a piece of jewellery - on the other hand, you're probably fed up with it. What a pity.
TSingh said... (7/18/03 11:21 AM) Reply
I think it looks fine. The color really suits you. I'll take it if you don't want it ahahha-I didn't say I could fit it but I'd take it. I don't have much experience with collars. In fact, I think I've only sewn one so I'm used to looking at tops without collars. It looks great to me!
said... (1/31/02 7:28 PM) Reply
Hi Deepika Read your great reviews about the burda patterns and their ease and fit. I love sewing and definitely give it a try. I want to make a blouse form the blouses, pants and skirts book that I have. Thanks, Shelly,
said... (1/30/02 10:12 AM) Reply
Great to see the honesty. some things are just wadders.
said... (1/29/02 7:03 PM) Reply
Thanks Cecelia, no its still lying aroung somewhere. Not sure how to fix the neckline. The fabric was really cheap so I don't really want to spend any more time on it. A friend suggested that perhaps I can wear it with a scarf or something so that the neckline does not look too incomplete... it was supposed to be a muslin anyways so I am not heartbroken :-) another comment about the sleeves, they probably look fine in the photo cause my arms are by my side. If I lift my arms they kinda bulge up and are not very comfortable also.
said... (1/29/02 6:40 PM) Reply
Deepika, I think your top looks good-the color is wonderful and the sleeve is not that bad. Maybe you could fix the neckline-it fits you everyplace else. Have you tossed it already?
said... (1/26/02 1:23 PM) Reply
I think the fit is great also. And concur about view b.
said... (1/26/02 12:19 PM) Reply
This is a helpful review. Sometimes the real garment just doesn't look like we expect based on the illustration. However, the fit looks really good.
said... (1/26/02 11:48 AM) Reply
At least you learned that you could get a Burda blouse pattern to fit!
said... (1/26/02 9:38 AM) Reply
Deepika, I think the fit looks great! The sleeves and neckline look fine too! But I understand if you're not happy with the neck and sleeve style.
said... (1/26/02 2:11 AM) Reply
Deepika, you did a nice job sewing it though! I also like view A better. I agree, even on the pattern envelope view B's neckline looks incomplete somehow. Well, at least each item you sew you gain experience. My husband is building up quite a nice stash of car cleaning rags with my "throwaways" hehe.

Merchant & Mills Top 64

by: Kate 88

Stretch & Sew 312

by: sizzle4

Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)