Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:1/25/02 11:06 PM
Annette H said... (3/21/04 5:10 PM) Reply
It's such a vibrant colour and looks good on you. You could wear it under a suit jacket. the neck could be covered by a piece of jewellery - on the other hand, you're probably fed up with it. What a pity.
TSingh said... (7/18/03 11:21 AM) Reply
I think it looks fine. The color really suits you. I'll take it if you don't want it ahahha-I didn't say I could fit it but I'd take it. I don't have much experience with collars. In fact, I think I've only sewn one so I'm used to looking at tops without collars. It looks great to me!
said... (1/31/02 7:28 PM) Reply
Hi Deepika Read your great reviews about the burda patterns and their ease and fit. I love sewing and definitely give it a try. I want to make a blouse form the blouses, pants and skirts book that I have. Thanks, Shelly,
said... (1/30/02 10:12 AM) Reply
Great to see the honesty. some things are just wadders.
said... (1/29/02 7:03 PM) Reply
Thanks Cecelia, no its still lying aroung somewhere. Not sure how to fix the neckline. The fabric was really cheap so I don't really want to spend any more time on it. A friend suggested that perhaps I can wear it with a scarf or something so that the neckline does not look too incomplete... it was supposed to be a muslin anyways so I am not heartbroken :-) another comment about the sleeves, they probably look fine in the photo cause my arms are by my side. If I lift my arms they kinda bulge up and are not very comfortable also.
said... (1/29/02 6:40 PM) Reply
Deepika, I think your top looks good-the color is wonderful and the sleeve is not that bad. Maybe you could fix the neckline-it fits you everyplace else. Have you tossed it already?
said... (1/26/02 1:23 PM) Reply
I think the fit is great also. And concur about view b.
said... (1/26/02 12:19 PM) Reply
This is a helpful review. Sometimes the real garment just doesn't look like we expect based on the illustration. However, the fit looks really good.
said... (1/26/02 11:48 AM) Reply
At least you learned that you could get a Burda blouse pattern to fit!
said... (1/26/02 9:38 AM) Reply
Deepika, I think the fit looks great! The sleeves and neckline look fine too! But I understand if you're not happy with the neck and sleeve style.
said... (1/26/02 2:11 AM) Reply
Deepika, you did a nice job sewing it though! I also like view A better. I agree, even on the pattern envelope view B's neckline looks incomplete somehow. Well, at least each item you sew you gain experience. My husband is building up quite a nice stash of car cleaning rags with my "throwaways" hehe.

KnipMode Magazine 05-2010-5