Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2958 (Jacket, Pants, Dress)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:1/3/08 6:38 PM
Last Updated:1/3/08 6:38 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts

Leslie Bonner said... (1/9/08 7:50 PM) Reply
Very fashion forward. You are to be commended for all your work in bringing this to fruition.
Seamingly Simple said... (1/8/08 12:38 PM) Reply
Well, today is Elvis' birthday and I hope your friend is wearing the red pleather with great enjoyment. It is a great accent piece: too bad it didn't fit you.
Em's Summer said... (1/5/08 2:41 PM) Reply
WOW WOW WOWWWWWW!!!!!!! The red jacket is, well....WOW! JUST SOO FUN! I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but it is an amazing jacket!
So So said... (1/5/08 7:27 AM) Reply
CynthiaSue said... (1/5/08 1:43 AM) Reply
thanks for the fashion forward advice! this is totally unique.
Heatherrique said... (1/4/08 4:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the inspiring comments despite my troubles with this pattern! Fuzzy and Clin I should have clarified the versions in my review! I originally started with the pleather after admiring a red Esprit jacket at a dept store made with princess seaming....and said to myself,"...hmmm Vogue 2958 would be great for this!" But I soon realized that sewing curved seams was tricky with the pleather. I put aside the pleather jacket (about 1/3 done) and wanted to try other fabric to get a more realistic fit. So I started and finished the corduroy version and still encountered problems with the "L" shaping! Then I decided to finish the pleather version (I must be INSANE after spending time with the other version!) so that it would not be a UFO. Getting past the "L" seams, I was able to finish it in less time than I expected. For the pleather, I should have chosen a peacoat style similar to the Juicy Couture. But it's ok. It was a lesson learned... The pattern did not work for me (but certainly would work for somebody else!) because IMHO just did not suit me at all and fit me properly, except at the shoulders! On the model, the jacket had a looser fitting style and nice silhouette. I have to be rail thin as the model to acquire that fit! Now I discovered for this pattern unlike the other Vogues I used, I should have gone up a size! Margenann , I am nearing my 3 wk winter vacation from work. I thought I would sew what I can before I don't have the time!
ALY said... (1/4/08 3:56 PM) Reply
The jacket looks great in red pleather . Though this pattern, with L seams and all that shaping, would not have been my first choice for pleather. Great accomplishment!
mad4sewing said... (1/4/08 3:49 PM) Reply
LOVE the red pleather!!! Smokin Hot. You need to wear that to a nightclub.
carolynw said... (1/4/08 10:09 AM) Reply
I am really confused - I see the corduroy jacket and it looks fine and the red pleather - the color is show stopping but then you say it did not work for you - so is it the pleather that caused the problem?
marjenann said... (1/4/08 8:59 AM) Reply
Heatherrique! I am worried about you!! One smashing garment after another!! Are you sleeping!!!
Lori V said... (1/4/08 7:14 AM) Reply
Wow, the red pleather jacket is incredible. It will be a showstopping addition to your wardrobe.
fuzzygalore said... (1/4/08 6:34 AM) Reply
Now I'm confused. Your corduroy version is OK but not thrilling. But did you do the red pleather afterwards? It's -fabulous-!! And you have so many good prints in your wardrobe that you do need a jacket that can stand up to them, so to speak :-). Wow!
Annette1 said... (1/3/08 10:51 PM) Reply
WOW, you have more patience than I do! That pleather is a real knockout, and your corduroy version is so cheerful and bright. I love the matching shoulder pads! This stinks, though, that it doesn't fit, but I'm glad it will have a good home. :o) Great review!
EveS said... (1/3/08 7:46 PM) Reply
Oh, girl, you have seriously outdone yourself this time! I'm w/ nicegirl...the red coat is INCREDIBLE!!! Can't imagine sewing it! :o
nicegirl said... (1/3/08 7:12 PM) Reply
LOOOOOOVE that red patent pleather! That must have been insane to work with. It is such an awesome piece. The construction sounds pretty intense, good on you for sticking it out.

Green Pepper F875