Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5525

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:1/5/08 12:31 PM
Last Updated:1/5/08 12:30 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear

Physics Girl said... (2/26/08 11:00 PM) Reply
fun review... and your husband's right: with a coat this nice you don't have to wear anything underneath! (lol... I'm laughing because I'm remembering my mother's story about a college roommate going to chapel in just her outer-coat and slip.. :)
Elle D said... (2/19/08 9:45 PM) Reply
McCall's is on sale at JoAnn's this Friday? This coat will be mine! Or, at least the pattern will be mine. It bears repeating, you look fabulous in this coat, great job.
JMarie1962 said... (2/16/08 10:04 PM) Reply
This coat looks so cute on you! I've been debating whether to make this for a long, long time. McCall's is on sale at JoAnn's this Friday - I think I'll have to pick it up and think about a spring trench for myself. Nice job!
MelissaB in WA said... (2/4/08 4:29 PM) Reply
How did I fall so far behind in reviews - another awesome jacket Cindy - woo hoo!!!
Peggy L said... (2/4/08 2:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful coal - and quite a story! :)
marjenann said... (2/3/08 3:50 PM) Reply
Wow!! That is an awesome coat!! It reminds me of a Calvin Klein Original!! You look sooooooo chic!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/2/08 3:57 PM) Reply
Your coat is a very au courant version of a timeless classic. It's not easy to set a perfect vent, and you've done it. You look very chic and modern, but you'd look smashing in a burlap bag. -Lily
Sharon M said... (1/31/08 10:36 PM) Reply
Your coat is so beautiful! I'm glad you stuck with it...not only do you have a gorgeous one of a kind coat to wear, but you proved to yourself that you could do it. Great job!
Vintage Joan said... (1/16/08 8:22 PM) Reply
Congratulations on this accomplishment -- what a gorgeous coat!!
snowflake girl said... (1/13/08 7:39 PM) Reply
Great looking coat. Mine is on the cutting table.
Heatherrique said... (1/12/08 4:00 PM) Reply
Great cosmopolitan-looking and glamourous coat! Your wonderful work and patience was well worth it! You wear it with a lot of finesse and style!
LindsayT said... (1/8/08 12:28 PM) Reply
All you coat-makers are just so darn inspiring to me. Great job!
Annette1 said... (1/7/08 3:28 AM) Reply
WOW! Fantastic coat that looks just PERFECT on you! I hope you're very proud of yourself. All of your hard work paid off. :o)
Larkin said... (1/6/08 9:26 PM) Reply
You should be so proud of yourself - your coat is beautiful, you learned a lot and you stuck with it! Really, really nice job, congrats!
lmg said... (1/6/08 8:13 PM) Reply
It was worth the time and trouble. Thanks for the inspiration
crisford said... (1/6/08 12:27 PM) Reply
This is so cute and it really suits you! Congratulations, good work!
carolynw said... (1/6/08 9:50 AM) Reply
Now who would have thought you had trouble turnign out this beautiful coat - you look ready to "strut your stuff" in this. Love your review and congratulatuions for sticking to this !!
SusiM said... (1/6/08 3:01 AM) Reply
A very nice outcome! Think of how much you learned - it was worth it.
TwilaO said... (1/6/08 0:36 AM) Reply
From my standpoint, it was worth all that extra work! Way to keep at it. I am very impressed - it's gorgeous!
Leslie in Austin said... (1/5/08 11:23 PM) Reply
That wonderful coat was worth every second you spent on it. *Fantastic*!!
Jan B. said... (1/5/08 11:15 PM) Reply
This coat is fabulous on you! What great tenacity to put in that many hours on one project. You've got a wonderful, one-of-a-kind coat--congratulations.
MissCelie said... (1/5/08 10:42 PM) Reply
Look at you!! You look fabulous and soooo proud of yourself!
sewbehind said... (1/5/08 7:28 PM) Reply
Husbands have such great ideas! Great looking coat! Well done. I had to giggle with your lining ingenuity.
ryankckids said... (1/5/08 6:47 PM) Reply
It's beautiful (work) and adorable (on you)! You should be so proud for sticking it out. What a lot of work...and it turned out great.
Erica B. said... (1/5/08 6:17 PM) Reply
Cindy, the outcome was worth all of the trouble you went through. It looks fabulous!
Dei said... (1/5/08 5:32 PM) Reply
This was worth the wait (and work). It looks great. I have this pattern on my sewing table ready to sew and I'm glad to see it in on someone looking so good. I may be asking you for help.
Nancywin said... (1/5/08 5:30 PM) Reply
Super! Aren't you just so proud of yourself? I know I was when I made my coat last year. It is such a big accomplishment. I have bought this same pattern to make a coat for my daughter. I hope it doesn't take me 60 hours! I'm so glad you stuck it out because now you will feel like you can tackle anything!
JennyAnne said... (1/5/08 4:48 PM) Reply
That is such a beautiful coat! All the ripping and re-sewing really paid off. Thanks for the helpful review.
Puppy said... (1/5/08 4:42 PM) Reply
I love it, I love it! I covet it, I covet it! I especially love the collar. Persistence certainly paid off with this little number!
KathleenS said... (1/5/08 4:38 PM) Reply
Well done. It looks great and I'm sure you get a lot of use out of it.
Lori V said... (1/5/08 4:08 PM) Reply
Your coat looks amazing on you. I love the style, sleeves and color, great job. All your hard work was worth it.
annie11 said... (1/5/08 3:52 PM) Reply
That's gorgeous! Congratulations on such a fantastic garment! You'll get a lot of use out of this one.
loohoo44 said... (1/5/08 3:04 PM) Reply
wow, I'm amazed by your persistence! Good for you, and you got a fabulous coat out of it as well. Very stylish.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (1/5/08 1:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat Cindy, all your lovely hard work shows. Thanks for sharing, enjoy it keeping you warm!!
michellep74 said... (1/5/08 1:26 PM) Reply
Your coat looks great! Your hard work really paid off on this--it looks fantastic on you!
Riordan said... (1/5/08 12:55 PM) Reply
Very pretty coat--it looks perfect on you!!
SewKnitYKnot said... (1/5/08 12:51 PM) Reply
Very stylish coat -- it looks great. Congrats on sticking with it -- it looks fantastic & is worth all the effort you put into it!
Lisa Merry said... (1/5/08 12:34 PM) Reply
Wow! Great looking coat - I love the collar and sleeves. Your hard work was worth it!!

by: sandramary