Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3284 (P&P blouse)

Reviewed by:blue mooney

About blue mooneystarstarstar
Member since: 12/21/02
Posted on:1/5/08 2:49 PM
Last Updated:2/17/08 3:52 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
carolynw said... (2/18/08 8:55 AM) Reply
Love the blouse - tried to check out the pattern but it must be OOP - hopefully it's in my stash!!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/17/08 5:06 PM) Reply
Looks like this wonderful pattern could be a TNT for unlimited styles of tops/jackets. Your particular garment today is nothing short of WOW. Beautiful fit, soft and inviting fabric with those exquisite weltings and buttons. The previous white blouse you made is pristine and perfect, too. Thanks for sharing these beauties. -Lily
Enid E said... (2/17/08 4:22 PM) Reply
Very nice! After reading your previous review, I pulled this pattern out and took another look at is in my pile of upcoming sewing sessions. Love this new rendition of your blouse..
blue mooney said... (2/17/08 3:49 PM) Reply
Marji, this blouse is replacing the HP Dolman blouse in the SWAP. I didn't have enough fabric to do the dolman...which I still want to try! Sherril, I after I made this blouse I went back and read the reviews (I know, you're SUPPOSED to do that first!) and found that most reviewers didn't like it. It is a lot of work, but I was really happy with the result and thought it was totally worth it. If you make it up, I hope you think the same!
Sherril Miller said... (1/11/08 11:29 PM) Reply
I made this blouse many years ago and messed up the colar. I thought I had thrown it away, but while going through my patterns for the wardrobe contest, I found it. I'll have to do some alterations to make it bigger, but all the pieces are there. Thanks for reminding me what a great pattern it is.
Marji said... (1/7/08 8:54 PM) Reply
Robyn, it looks fantastic! HOwever, I'm soo confused. You have this in your SWAP folder, but I don't see it in your SWAP plan. And Carolyn will be so pleased with you - a TNT in the making with versions to come. ;)
Annette1 said... (1/7/08 3:09 AM) Reply
I love it when I find a great basic pattern, and it looks like you've found one here! Your fabric, too, makes it extra special.
Larkin said... (1/6/08 10:59 PM) Reply
Really pretty. I love your choice of fabric. I predict you'll get a lot of wear from this. Enjoy!
blue mooney said... (1/6/08 4:25 PM) Reply
JeanM, I guess McCalls isn't showing this pattern on their website anymore. Maybe it's even OOP? I didn't see it on the Palmer&Pletsch website, either. Linda G, I guess if you set aside obviously tailored garments, like blazers, that fabrication and ease mostly define which is a jacket and which is a blouse/shirt. When you look at line drawings, they look interchangeable. And then there's that hybrid, the shirt-jacket....
carolynw said... (1/6/08 10:08 AM) Reply
Love this top
Linda G said... (1/5/08 7:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I too have this pattern, I bought it at a garage sale for a dime and it had never been used. I too thought the vents on the sleeve were curved by looking at the picture, I have never had the pattern out of the envelope. I did look at the directions and noticed the real lapel collar. This pattern was one of the patterns I am thinking about for the fitted blouse contest. Do you think the only thing between what defines a blouse and a jacket is the ease? Because the other pattern I am considering for the blouse is called a jacket and I would wear if for a blouse it too has a lapel collar, obviously the lapel collar does not define it as a blouse or a jacket. I will refer to your review when I maek this pattern, since you say you will make it 5 or 6 times its gotta be good, sure wish you would post a picture of you wearing the blouse.
marjenann said... (1/5/08 6:50 PM) Reply
Lovely, very expensive looking blouse. Your fabric choice is perfect!
JeanM said... (1/5/08 5:30 PM) Reply
Your top looks great! I think I'd like to try this one! I tried the link to the pattern info, but it comes up with a not found error message, and I've not been able to locate that pattern number anywhere else using Google - is there somewhere else I could look? Thanks!
Nancywin said... (1/5/08 5:21 PM) Reply
This turned out very nicely. How exciting for you to have the "perfect pattern" now!
mudcat said... (1/5/08 4:59 PM) Reply
I love your top. Very nice.
bluenines said... (1/5/08 4:16 PM) Reply
great blouse, thank youfor a great review, looking forward to seeing all of your versions of it
Peggy L said... (1/5/08 4:05 PM) Reply
Robyn - this looks great!
All About Linings