Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> Boutique v.3

Last Updated:1/12/08 8:33 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

semiscot said... (5/7/09 4:39 PM) Reply
Your review is very helpful. Thanks
OP Gal said... (2/14/09 9:58 PM) Reply
Great shorts. As a PMB newbie I really appreciate your detailed review. The shorts appear to fit perfectly. As a plus size with an ample tummy, it's good to see such wonderful fit on a similar shape. Thanks.
DebJ said... (1/15/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Hi Chris, your shorts look great. Good job on refining the fit!
linda 75142 said... (1/14/08 9:39 PM) Reply
Great fit!
kauffmds said... (1/13/08 3:36 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review; I found it to be very thorough. I currently draft patterns the old fashioned way but physically it's getting to be a challenge.
carolynw said... (1/13/08 10:01 AM) Reply
Christine I will say your skirt looks fien and want to say that I do not think your review is a plug for a specific software -thank you for reviewing this - it will be helpful to those who are thinking of buying into something similar.
Meretta said... (1/13/08 5:22 AM) Reply
Christine, Thanks for the review, I really appreciate your comments on PMB software. I have been interested in this software for a while but I don't think I do enough sewing to justify the learning curve involved so so far have not bought it. To me your review was a review for the PMB software and I don't see why people are commenting the way they are. I wouldn't expect anything else under this review. The fact that it was very positive just means that you are happy with the program. Congratulations for finding a patternmaking software that works for you and hope you continue to publish reviews showing us all what you can make with PMB software. Meretta
ChristineBR said... (1/12/08 8:41 PM) Reply
SewVeryTall, I am sorry that you feel that way. I do not sell the software and I am not any longer affiliated with the company in any way. If enthusiasm is to be viewed as an ad for the company, if only negativity is allowed, then I guess a review like this isn't needed and I just can sit back and read one that doesn't read like an ad. Maybe you missed the parts about a learning curve, about fitting difficulties? There are down and ups to all patterns, pattern drafting software and systems for hand drafting. U just got my perspective, sadly, it seems.
SewVeryTall said... (1/12/08 3:28 PM) Reply
I clicked to read this review, to see what fabric and zipper you used. Thanks for asking, Miriam, even if you did get a not-very-nice reply. I agree with Sherril, this review is more like an ad for software.
ChristineBR said... (1/12/08 12:42 PM) Reply
The fabric for the red ones was a plan twill (average denim weight) that was pretty much dirt cheap somewhere on the net. Now, doesn't that help a whole heap?! Sherril, every time I try to post a screen shot using Shift+PrtScn, the file is huge. Is there a smaller way that still shows good detail?
Sherril Miller said... (1/12/08 12:16 PM) Reply
This sounds like an ad for their software. Your shorts did turn out fantastic. I've been thinking about buying the Wild Ginger PMB for a long time. I may still in the future. I know lots of PR members use it. Please add other reviews of garments you make with it. I'd love it if you shared a screen shot of your pattern too.
Miriam said... (1/12/08 10:14 AM) Reply
Great looking shorts, Christine! It would be interesting to know what kind of fabric you used.
Kay Y said... (1/12/08 9:53 AM) Reply
Hi Christine!!! Your shorts look marvellous.

by: mochimo