Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2008-125 (Blouse with pleated sleeves)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 33 people

Mahogany Stylist said... (7/24/08 1:04 PM) Reply
Outstanding!
Obrooks770 said... (7/24/08 12:50 PM) Reply
I love this blouse and your workmanship is awesome. GREAT JOB! Also thanks for the tutorial.
Athene said... (7/23/08 10:38 PM) Reply
An extremely beautiful blouse.
Grammy Gin said... (2/15/08 9:08 AM) Reply
What a great job you did on this blouse, Sigrid. It is so flattering! ;-)
Heatherrique said... (2/2/08 7:38 PM) Reply
Ah! Such a breathtaking blouse! I like the details, style and impeccable fit!
Mahler said... (1/22/08 10:22 PM) Reply
Your blouse is so so so beautiful. Simple and beautifuly done and with a perfect fit. What a gorgeous look. You must receive tones of comments when you wear it. Really wonderbar !
QueenZ said... (1/20/08 4:56 PM) Reply
Well Done!!!
Kay Y said... (1/19/08 11:45 AM) Reply
Your blouse is perfect and looks fabulous on you. Thanks so much for the collar tutorial. It is so well put together!
ChristineX said... (1/18/08 6:09 PM) Reply
OMG what an elegant blouse! I love it with the vest too!
KrystalL said... (1/18/08 9:15 AM) Reply
I fell in love with this top when I saw it on the website, and I just subscribed to BWOF today. Great job with the shirt. And thanks for the collar stand tutorial. I'm going to use it for my McCall's top.
jnamcd said... (1/17/08 10:40 PM) Reply
Oh, I absolutely LOVE this! Your workmanship is superb --and review is so helpful! Thank you for taking the time to write this review --and sharing your beautiful new blouse with us all!
Bonnie O said... (1/17/08 12:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! I really love the sleeves.
Liana said... (1/17/08 11:59 AM) Reply
A beautiful blouse, and the collar looks perfect! A great fit as well. Very nice!
Fran G said... (1/17/08 8:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, Sigrid! Thanks very much for such a detailed collar tutorial...a construction that I am still learnng about. I will definitely try your suggestions.
kmouse said... (1/17/08 7:30 AM) Reply
This review is so helpful, I don't know where to start! Lovely blouse. I would never have picked it out in my issue as a must try. Great reminder that I don't have to sew EVERY detail on every pattern. Tutorial links abound. I have really been dragging my heels over garment sewing the past year. You have inspired me!
LauraLo said... (1/17/08 7:25 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful blouse, Sigrid (what a gorgeous fabric too) and a very helpful review. Thank you for the collar stand tutorial, can't wait to try it
CypGrl said... (1/17/08 0:53 AM) Reply
Looks like a designer blouse to me! The sleeves are so elegant.
Lori V said... (1/16/08 10:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, Sigrid. Thank you for all the wonderful tutorials.
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/16/08 10:06 PM) Reply
Very beautiful blouse. I love the tucks.
Elaray said... (1/16/08 8:59 PM) Reply
The blouse looks really great. You did a wonderful job on every aspect. The details in your review are very helpful. I'm going to pull out my copy of Coffin's book!
Marji said... (1/16/08 8:30 PM) Reply
I've so enjoyed reading your reviews lately. This is a beautiful blouse. Great tips on the marking for the pleats, the collar/collarstand, and construction. Beautiful. I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of this issue.
Karen6790 said... (1/16/08 7:17 PM) Reply
This is just gorgeous. I love the sleeves. Wasn't planning to make this, but I think you've changed my mind.
VtMartha said... (1/16/08 6:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, Sigrid!
Karendee said... (1/16/08 6:15 PM) Reply
Beautifully executed design. I found this blouse stunningly beautiful, similar to very high quality RTW. Congratulations.
Peggy L said... (1/16/08 5:40 PM) Reply
Stunning!
Debbie Cook said... (1/16/08 5:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful work, and beautiful on you Sigrid! Great pressing work too ... it's linen and yet I don't see even a tiny wrinkle.
Birgitte said... (1/16/08 4:21 PM) Reply
Your blouse is gorgeous! And great idea to combine the two patterns- the fit is perfect!
Irene Q said... (1/16/08 3:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful!! The sheer fabric really shows off the pleats!
CarolynGM said... (1/16/08 2:44 PM) Reply
Ok, I'm booking a flight to the Netherlands right now to come get that blouse. Oh heck, I guess I should just buy the magazine and make one. Can you guess that I love it? The fabric is beautiful and the mix of tailored and feminine details is perfect.
eileen said... (1/16/08 1:51 PM) Reply
You did a very professional job on the blouse - it looks great. Also, I printed out the pdf of the collar with stand. I tend to not stick with a process and use the instructions that come with each pattern. This will be very helpful for me. Thank you.
Annette1 said... (1/16/08 1:46 PM) Reply
Oh, man, those SLEEVES. :o) I love the controlled fullness, if you will, and in white linen, no less. :o) GREAT idea on marking all those little pleats. Wonder why I never thought of that? And your collar with stand is PERFECTION.
wanderlustor said... (1/16/08 12:38 PM) Reply
I love the long cuffs on this blouse. It looks great!
Christina Sonja said... (1/16/08 11:51 AM) Reply
Bee-you-tee-ful! Okay. I want one too.
MelissaB in WA said... (1/16/08 11:08 AM) Reply
Very lovely blouse! Your collar is perfect too - beautiful work! You're giving the new issue a workout - yippee for BWOF! :-)
Vintage Joan said... (1/16/08 10:58 AM) Reply
This is beautiful, and your tutorials are extremely helpful. Thank you!!
MissCelie said... (1/16/08 10:49 AM) Reply
ohmigosh. I am 100 PERCENT IN LOVE WITH THIS. Adore it with the vest. ADORE. Make me one! Make me one! Thanks too for the turorial!
Judy Wentz said... (1/16/08 10:38 AM) Reply
Oh ma gosh this is outstanding. I would have never given this pattern a second look....You should be so proud of your work.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (1/16/08 10:29 AM) Reply
Fantastic shirt, and Burda are right it looks really good with the vest too. Thanks for all the detailed tips, I will have to check out your collar construction, it looks so professional.
Teri said... (1/16/08 10:27 AM) Reply
What a lovely blouse. I love the sleeves and the white linen makes it so classic. Great job.
LindsayT said... (1/16/08 10:16 AM) Reply
Very, very pretty and feminine blouse. Thanks for the detailed review.

Understanding Wool Fabrics