Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1002 (Metropolitan Tie Me Down Tops)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:1/20/08 12:23 PM
Last Updated:1/20/08 12:23 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Aunt Gail said... (6/14/08 9:38 PM) Reply
What an interesting fabric choice. Thank you especially for the info on Hot Patterns. I keep thinking I am going to order one - and then my local JoAnns has another $1.99 sale. This week I bought 5 new Butterick patterns, so you see my problem. LOL. Thank you for your dedication to this site. What an incredible amount of sewing you do. We are lucky you so generously share with us. It really helps someone like me, who after making her wedding dress and a few other outfits, stopped sewing for many years. You are an inspiration.
barb111 said... (1/31/08 3:39 PM) Reply

barb111 said... (1/31/08 3:39 PM) Reply
I like how the blouse looks good job The fabric is also very nice I will give hot patterns a try thanks for the input
Helen near Sydney said... (1/28/08 5:37 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks beautiful - quite funky! - and I agree will look even better with some front or side seam shaping.
Annette1 said... (1/26/08 6:56 PM) Reply
Up, up and away! Your blouse turned out beautifully. I hadn't really noticed this pattern until you poitned it out to me here. So THANKS A LOT. :o) What's one more to add to the stash? I'm always drawn to the Hot Patterns, but have yet to make one.
nicegirl said... (1/22/08 1:33 PM) Reply
Great use of that print! I like how you made the links on the tie perpendicular to the links of the body pieces.
Danvillegirl said... (1/21/08 7:47 AM) Reply
Pretty blouse.
EveS said... (1/20/08 10:02 PM) Reply
Cuuuute! I have admired that Gorgeous Things fabric for quite some time, now. Great job matching it up! And as usual, I just love Heather to bits. She makes me smile! :)
fuzzygalore said... (1/20/08 3:35 PM) Reply
Wow, you've really got something to wake up that next topology course :-). You did a good job matching those links too, it wouldn't look as good otherwise. Looks good on you, and I'm as ever envious of those prints. You really shouldn't tell us where you get them from :-).
michellep74 said... (1/20/08 2:02 PM) Reply
Cute blouse! I'm planning/hoping to start on this one if/when I ever finish the jacket that I'm working on. I actually emailed Trudy from HP to ask about sizing, and she told me that this particular pattern has a lot of ease, so I'll be starting one size down from where my measurements indicate for this one.
cindy-lou said... (1/20/08 1:24 PM) Reply
Heatherrique, you've given me *yet another* pattern to 'need'! You're such an enabler... love your print blouse!
Markie1 said... (1/20/08 1:18 PM) Reply
This is so pretty! I have this fabric in blue and would have never thought to make a blouse like this from it, but now i will rethink that. I'm glad you were able to "tame" the HP pattern. i have had some disasters with them, but you did great. Really nice, thanks for the review.

Ottobre Design Magazine 01-2013-000