Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB011MA (Madison Bags)

Reviewed by:Lauri Jean

Posted on:1/23/08 10:56 AM
Last Updated:1/23/08 10:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Lauri Jean said... (1/27/09 11:23 AM) Reply
Whitters! How are you, sweetie?! We need to do a review on your Aunt Lauri quilt!
WhitneyW said... (1/26/09 3:52 PM) Reply
Ok its the weirdest thing in the world to be searching for purse patterns and up pops my favorite aunt :) Lookin good!
Lauri Jean said... (1/24/08 9:55 AM) Reply
Chrisquilts: The boning is sewn in the seam allowance at the top (between the flap and the body of the purse). Since I only used craft fuse on the purse..the handles weren't too bad. I used the walking foot on my machine. to get them on. I do think it would be easier to attach the handles to the exterior THEN add the lining to the purse.
chrisquilts_2 said... (1/24/08 9:26 AM) Reply
I've got this pattern from long ago and I don't recall it requiring boning. I need to go back and look, I wonder if I completely skipped it and that's why my bag was floppy. It is a bear to add those handles though. Were you able to push it thru the machine or did you do it by hand?
AnneMarie60 said... (1/23/08 4:10 PM) Reply
What a cute purse! I love the flower and button details. Your niece is lovely, and I'm glad you used a photo of her holding the purse, so there's a comparative reference to realize the size of the bag.
Lori V said... (1/23/08 4:05 PM) Reply
Wonderful bag.
Sigrid. said... (1/23/08 3:27 PM) Reply
Well, I can see your pictures on Flickr now! What a wonderful bag.
JuliaS said... (1/23/08 3:11 PM) Reply
I'm still not able to see your pictures. :( The bag sure looks cute in your thumbnail, though!
Lauri Jean said... (1/23/08 1:25 PM) Reply
I tried to make some adjustments. Please let me know if they worked. thanks.
Lauri Jean said... (1/23/08 12:19 PM) Reply
Does anyone know how to share photos/albums with kodak gallery without having to put in specific email addresses to share with? I may have to move the photos elsewhere.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/23/08 11:42 AM) Reply
Sorry - but - I can't get to your pictures. I think you need to set up this album to share with people.

by: CTBarb