Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4074 (Mock wrap dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

Last Updated:7/24/08 9:31 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 27 people

Other Projects by nicegirl using this Pattern

slt said... (9/9/08 6:50 PM) Reply
Love both dresses and thanks for the detailed photos. I always learn from your sewing reviews. I love both versions and just bought the pattern today.
rockontinyrebel said... (7/26/08 9:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/25/08 3:10 PM) Reply
I like both version of this dress.
DorothyK said... (7/25/08 1:44 PM) Reply
Great dress. Very flattering.
CynthiaSue said... (7/24/08 9:32 PM) Reply
Adorable!
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/24/08 4:47 PM) Reply
Love your sleeveless version - great use of that fabric!
Twinset said... (7/24/08 3:34 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Those colors are fantastic on you!
Elona said... (7/24/08 1:30 PM) Reply
What appealing dresses! EVen though you had to take out an ungodly amount for your alterations, it looks terrific. Whatever works, eh?
leanmeansewingmachine said... (7/24/08 12:25 PM) Reply
Love that sleeveless version - it really looks great with that fabric!
Carol B. said... (7/24/08 12:25 PM) Reply
Your reviews are so enjoyable to read! They're very honest and fun to read. The dress is adorable. You really know what looks good on you.
SueV said... (7/24/08 11:47 AM) Reply
both look great! Thansk for the review
Gelbean said... (7/24/08 11:15 AM) Reply
Another great version of this dress. Your original review inspired me to buy this pattern. Keep the reviews coming. I love to see what you have created.
Michelle L said... (7/24/08 10:41 AM) Reply
Love the yellow version! I just picked up some of the same fabric myself, and I was so excited to see your review with it made up into a dress. It looks great. Thanks for the warning about the show-through.
pterion said... (7/24/08 10:36 AM) Reply
Both versions are terrific. Fun yellow and black fabric!
CypGrl said... (7/24/08 10:26 AM) Reply
Something appropriate for work -- and you say it is quick. Perfect!
Heatherrique said... (1/26/08 9:34 PM) Reply
Ay ay ay! NiceGirl, you are a darling valentine in this dress! Marvelous dress! I love it!
Kim Winson said... (1/26/08 3:41 PM) Reply
Awesome dress! I've made the top in this pattern and there are nebulous plans to make the wrap dress. Thanks for the review!
Dee2 said... (1/25/08 8:22 PM) Reply
Love your dress! Great fabric choice too. Amazingly pretty for an investment of 2 hours time!
Leslie in Austin said... (1/25/08 7:58 PM) Reply
Ooo pretty!!
Dmd4106 said... (1/25/08 4:34 PM) Reply
Nice print! 2 hrs man....your sew fast! It takes me that long just to plan a garment.
cindyann said... (1/25/08 4:06 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I just love a red dress.
Huldra said... (1/25/08 1:11 PM) Reply
I never bought this pattern, because I didn't realise it could look this fantastic! Wow.
MelissaB in WA said... (1/25/08 12:36 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! I love my top and skirt I made from this pattern. The fabric you used it great too!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/25/08 11:24 AM) Reply
Being inspired by your fantastic creation in red, I purchased some red knit last night. Now if only I spent time at the gym, too . . . . You are truly an inspiration, and I am in awe of your speediness!
chrisquilts_2 said... (1/25/08 11:03 AM) Reply
Pattern companies should hire you. Your versions always look better than those on the pattern envelopes. I wouldn't have given this pattern a second look, but it looks fab on you!
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/25/08 10:13 AM) Reply
Fabulous! I passed over this one too, but now I have to give it a second look.
ryan's mom said... (1/25/08 8:23 AM) Reply
Oh. My. Gosh!!! I LOVE it!!! What an awesome dress, especially in that print. And I have this pattern too. Was thinking about making it in a knit I got from Kashi. You look fabulous--and I love it with your boots too! And there are still (shamefully) too many PR Weekend 2006 fabrics in my stash.
sewbehind said... (1/24/08 10:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress that is very flattering on you. Great job.
Karen6790 said... (1/24/08 9:09 PM) Reply
A 2 hour dress? Talk about a fabulous instant gratification project. Hmmm, I'm more or less pattern fasting right now but I've added this to my list. Fabulous, as usual.
Em's Summer said... (1/24/08 7:42 PM) Reply
Great style and I love the fabric!!!
Riordan said... (1/24/08 6:58 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress, and the color is wonderful on you!!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (1/24/08 6:42 PM) Reply
Two hours! Gee it takes me that long to decide what to make. I love it, extremely flattering and looks like you can dress this one up or down quite easily.
RuthieSews said... (1/24/08 6:32 PM) Reply
Waaaaaaay cooler than the pattern envelope. I passed this over thinking 'frumpy' but its great!
CShelley said... (1/24/08 6:29 PM) Reply
Nice dress Nicegirl! Hard to believe it only took 2 hours. I might pick that one up myself. Thanks for the review.
Lori V said... (1/24/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Very cute dress, I love the red on you.
LindsayT said... (1/24/08 5:14 PM) Reply
I like it! Sometimes speed sewing is really rewarding, don't you think? And props for your photo drape!
Linda G said... (1/24/08 4:56 PM) Reply
Wow, nice dress nice girl!!!!!
frame said... (1/24/08 4:31 PM) Reply
Very flattering. Nicely done.
marjenann said... (1/24/08 4:11 PM) Reply
Utterly fabulous!!
carolynw said... (1/24/08 4:07 PM) Reply
Totallyt wonderful - I have this pattern and made the top a few times and wondered what the dress would look like. Not going to pretend I will look the absolute knock out that you do but am going to try it. Awesome job as usual
edupraz said... (1/24/08 3:56 PM) Reply
Love this. I really ought to get this pattern!
Markie1 said... (1/24/08 3:46 PM) Reply
Nicegirl, this certainly doesn't look like a dress you made in two hours! You look great it it, I love the fabric and you wear it with your usual flair. You also look as if you are at a professional photo session!
didda said... (1/24/08 2:55 PM) Reply
my favorite color is red, and i have a whole box full of nothing but paisleys, they are my favorite prints. so i really like the dress. of course, i like most of what you make.
Braemar said... (1/24/08 2:46 PM) Reply
I have just bought this pattern and am keen to get some fabric and make it up! This looks really lovely on you!
cindy-lou said... (1/24/08 2:19 PM) Reply
Dagummit! Another 'must-have' from nicegirl. But I do own the pattern... and some fabric... and I've got two hours...
Birgitte said... (1/24/08 2:14 PM) Reply
2 HOURS?? That's just amazing! This looks so fantastic on you!! And I agree; the fabric was just meant for this dress- and with those boots! You're stylin', girl!
Jodi B. said... (1/24/08 2:11 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Thanks for reviewing it. It's in my stash and I can see I'll have to pull this out soon.
Sew_Creative said... (1/24/08 2:03 PM) Reply
really fabulous darling!!
squilts said... (1/24/08 1:56 PM) Reply
Great use for the fabric, I have also reached the conclusion that I don't wear print tops.
Lauri Jean said... (1/24/08 1:40 PM) Reply
You are so talented. I always look forward to seeing what you've created.
Sic said... (1/24/08 1:32 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Red is a great color on you!
KrystalL said... (1/24/08 1:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I plan on making the top and skirt this spring.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (1/24/08 1:12 PM) Reply
Of all the wonderful outfits you've made, this dress is my current favorite! It looks fabulous on you. I love the color and the print and the shape. Very sophisticated, modern and feminine. Love it!

You Sew Girl Kids Hats Pattern