Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3877 (Threads Collection)

Reviewed by:Nancy Anne

About Nancy Annestar
TX USA
Member since: 11/26/04
Posted on:2/8/08 1:00 PM
Last Updated:8/21/08 1:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
mimsi said... (9/21/08 11:17 PM) Reply
I purchased the H5 size pattern, thinking "I'm usually a 10/12 in RTW clothes... after reading your review, however, I think I may need to purchase the next size up! I was hopeful that the varied bust sizing would help it actually fit... I'm a little nervous that it is telling me that I need a size 18 though... the last time someone sewed an 18 for me I was 9 mo. pregnant and it still hung. I am 5'2, so I'm pretty sure I will have to shorten the torso, but I need to account for a large bust - do you have any tips? The dress looks fabulous on you though - great job!
Athene said... (8/22/08 11:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful results - you look fabulous in this style.
wreninrome said... (8/21/08 2:25 PM) Reply
that dress is so gorgeous...i LOVE that color
SewSlow said... (6/30/08 10:17 AM) Reply
I love the look of this dress in a solid color. It takes on a totally different look. Thanks, Michelle
LexyGirl said... (2/11/08 8:01 PM) Reply
Excellent, I will be attempting this for my wardrobe, thanks forthe warning about the collar instructions. I love to handpick too, it always looks better than my machine installed zips :)
suncentaurs said... (2/10/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Oh, this looks great. Good fit and obviously well sewn too! The fabric choice is really pretty. I know what you mean about instructions sometimes. Sometimes it just looks and sounds like something completely different than what they really mean and then after I've pulled a few hairs out over it, it's like I finally get it. Great job.
a.me.s said... (2/10/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! The fabric color is great!
trinicity said... (2/10/08 2:49 PM) Reply
this looks beautiful
Nancy Anne said... (2/10/08 2:28 PM) Reply
Thanks for letting me know, Oracle! I put new pics in the album and it must have given another photo their spot in the line-up. I think it's fixed now!
oracle said... (2/9/08 11:28 PM) Reply
I love your version of the dress. But the problem is, the photo of the dress seems to have disappeared and turned into a bunch of pinafore photos! Can we have it back? I want to return to it again and again to admire it!
michellep74 said... (2/9/08 6:24 PM) Reply
Love the pretty copper color of your fabric! Your dress is very flattering on you!

by: AmandaRene...