Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3877 (Threads Collection)

Reviewed by:Nancy Anne

About Nancy Annestar
TX USA
Member since: 11/26/04
Posted on:2/8/08 1:00 PM
Last Updated:8/21/08 1:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
mimsi said... (9/21/08 11:17 PM) Reply
I purchased the H5 size pattern, thinking "I'm usually a 10/12 in RTW clothes... after reading your review, however, I think I may need to purchase the next size up! I was hopeful that the varied bust sizing would help it actually fit... I'm a little nervous that it is telling me that I need a size 18 though... the last time someone sewed an 18 for me I was 9 mo. pregnant and it still hung. I am 5'2, so I'm pretty sure I will have to shorten the torso, but I need to account for a large bust - do you have any tips? The dress looks fabulous on you though - great job!
Athene said... (8/22/08 11:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful results - you look fabulous in this style.
wreninrome said... (8/21/08 2:25 PM) Reply
that dress is so gorgeous...i LOVE that color
SewSlow said... (6/30/08 10:17 AM) Reply
I love the look of this dress in a solid color. It takes on a totally different look. Thanks, Michelle
LexyGirl said... (2/11/08 8:01 PM) Reply
Excellent, I will be attempting this for my wardrobe, thanks forthe warning about the collar instructions. I love to handpick too, it always looks better than my machine installed zips :)
suncentaurs said... (2/10/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Oh, this looks great. Good fit and obviously well sewn too! The fabric choice is really pretty. I know what you mean about instructions sometimes. Sometimes it just looks and sounds like something completely different than what they really mean and then after I've pulled a few hairs out over it, it's like I finally get it. Great job.
a.me.s said... (2/10/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! The fabric color is great!
trinicity said... (2/10/08 2:49 PM) Reply
this looks beautiful
Nancy Anne said... (2/10/08 2:28 PM) Reply
Thanks for letting me know, Oracle! I put new pics in the album and it must have given another photo their spot in the line-up. I think it's fixed now!
oracle said... (2/9/08 11:28 PM) Reply
I love your version of the dress. But the problem is, the photo of the dress seems to have disappeared and turned into a bunch of pinafore photos! Can we have it back? I want to return to it again and again to admire it!
michellep74 said... (2/9/08 6:24 PM) Reply
Love the pretty copper color of your fabric! Your dress is very flattering on you!

Sew Liberated Bohemian Carpet Bag Pattern

Sew Liberated Bohemian  Carpet Bag Pattern

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)