Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 60565 (By Popular Demand)

Reviewed by:jewelea

About jeweleastar
TX United States
Member since: 10/19/05
Posted on:2/12/08 6:49 PM
Last Updated:2/12/08 6:52 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Matilda M said... (6/24/10 11:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, lovely jacket. I just watched the Threads DVD featuring Louis Cutting and was inspired to try one of her patterns. I bought this one and hope it turns out as well as yours did!
Michal Grady Preston said... (4/8/08 9:01 AM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful. Where did you learn to finish the inside like that? Love it.
SewTwin said... (3/3/08 11:03 PM) Reply
WOW!Great matching on the pockets!Good eye for picking this fabric..The inside almost tops the outside!
CrescentaLuna said... (2/15/08 11:28 PM) Reply
That is just SO beautiful! And thanks for the tip about Cutting Line, I had never heard of that company before.
Elemenopeo said... (2/13/08 4:40 PM) Reply
Love the fabric - looks like a nice jacket.
Karine said... (2/13/08 4:35 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. Love those buttonholes!
judy3 said... (2/13/08 3:54 PM) Reply
I LOVE your jacket-and the fabric is great, too! I am definitely a beginner and probably would have considered this too hard for my skill level, but since you say it is a good pattern for beginners, I think I will try it! Thanks for such a good review.
Peggy L said... (2/13/08 12:04 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this!!! Thanks for sharing - I love to see projects with such attention to detail.
Rustybobn said... (2/13/08 10:18 AM) Reply
Wow! Nice.
Grammy Gin said... (2/13/08 9:21 AM) Reply
Really nice jacket...good job on the buttonholes. The lining & SA's are great, also. ;-)
Betsybobbin said... (2/13/08 8:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful work! I admire your style Jewelea!
cecelia said... (2/13/08 8:36 AM) Reply
I love your coat, and the fabric is fantastic. Nice buttonholes!
moss said... (2/13/08 8:35 AM) Reply
That is beautiful. I love the fabric.
Modiste Madness said... (2/12/08 11:45 PM) Reply
I like your version of this pattern the best! Wonderful jacket and great review! You put a lot of work into this. Thanks for the tips.
Cheryl Reeves said... (2/12/08 11:20 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket. You did a beautiful job with the matching and the hand stitched buttonholes.
Mahler said... (2/12/08 10:51 PM) Reply
What a great jacket for winter days ! Is Texas sad in winter ? I thought you had eternal summer... The time you spent to match the pockets was well worth it. I am very found as well of those beautiful little details. For the inside, oh la la, this is so neet !!! A realy nice jacket.
2BSewing said... (2/12/08 10:01 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! The fabric is beautiful and I love the colors. You did an awesome job with your jacket. Thank you for providing pictures and the review.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/12/08 9:23 PM) Reply
I too would not have been able to walk past this colorful and sprited fabric; it's beautiful. Also beautiful is your jacket, the entire inside and your handmade buttonholes. Your pocket matching is so superb, I initially thought the jacket was pocket-free. A masterpiece. -Lily
CharityAK said... (2/12/08 8:19 PM) Reply
Totally gorgeous! What a fantastic print. And beautifully finished. Great job!
MarilynB said... (2/12/08 8:08 PM) Reply
What a beautiful job matching the print on the front of the jacket. The inside is as lovely as the outside. Fun choice of fabric.
hongkongshopper said... (2/12/08 7:42 PM) Reply
Great jacket! Just as nice on the inside as the outside.
carolynw said... (2/12/08 7:13 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket - makes me think of Spring. I have done the same thign with buttonholes - I like what you did - looks really neat. What I do is set the machine for a zig zag identical to that for the buttonhole and redo the area where I nicked the threads - Fray Check is also a life saver in these situations!!
ALY said... (2/12/08 6:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful Jacket! The print is vibrant and springy. The inside finishing looks so professional. I am sure you will enjoy wearing this jacket.

Other Bouclair Studios