Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1494: asymm skirt (Free pattern fall07)

Reviewed by:Marie Norway

About Marie Norway
Member since: 8/5/07
Posted on:2/16/08 5:10 AM
Last Updated:3/29/08 6:05 PM
Marie Norway said... (3/31/08 3:06 PM) Reply
Thank you Beek. As I said, it is not that difficult if you just read the other reviews before starting to sew. I think by the way that my skirt is (what's-it-called-again?) right-left inversed if you compare it to the other skirts reviewed.
Beek said... (3/30/08 8:51 AM) Reply
Excellent execution on a very difficult looking pattern. I love the fabric and style.
Marie Norway said... (2/25/08 9:20 AM) Reply
Well, I am not a beginner really, I am intermediate I guess! I have modified my profile now.
yorkshire lass said... (2/25/08 4:08 AM) Reply
Wow, congratulations on a wonderful skirt. Really lovely. I am especially impressed that you made this as a beginner.
lynny said... (2/17/08 4:34 AM) Reply
Wonderful detailing with this skirt and gorgeous fabric, love it all.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/17/08 0:56 AM) Reply
This sassy and charming skirt has lots of attitude! I love your details and look forward to seeing more photos, at your leisure. I just recently struggled with the 'clickable links' issue, myself. Thanks for sharing this. -Lily
lmg said... (2/16/08 10:24 PM) Reply
Great version of this skirt! I have this fabric too. I never thought of using the wrong side. Very original idea and the lace basque has got me thinking...
said... (2/16/08 1:04 PM) Reply
Very nice! I have that denim. Thank you for reviewing the fabric, too.
ryankckids said... (2/16/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Marie - - While you're writing your review, there's a little red sentence on the top of the review text box says "insert clickable link in your review". It pops open a window where you put your pattern photo URL (you have to have an iternet storage site - - I use Shutterfly, other use the photo storage here on PR, some use Snapfish - - it has to be somewhere other than your computer). You also insert a name for your photo ("front", "back", whatever). Then you copy what appears in the bottom of that little pop-up window, and paste it into the body of your review. I hope that helps. tessiegal...the pattern is a freebie if you purchase the Marfy Fall/Winter 2007 Catalog. It's about $30 for the catalog, and you can access it from the Vogue site (the slightly cheaper way) or the Marfy site (ships from IT). Marie - - from what I can see, it's beautiful, btw.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/16/08 10:28 AM) Reply
I love the style. Excellent work! That fabric is wonderful! Sometimes the unexpected leads us to consider possibilities that we never would've chosen initially.
mrs quickly said... (2/16/08 10:20 AM) Reply
So cute, where can I get the pattern?
Marie Norway said... (2/16/08 5:14 AM) Reply