Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2007-122A (pant)

Reviewed by:Sue Anfang

About Sue Anfangstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:2/19/08 8:36 PM
Last Updated:2/19/08 8:35 PM

pterion said... (3/1/08 0:44 AM) Reply
Ahhhh, thanks for mention of the 'functionality' of this pattern! I was about to make these pants for my cardio workouts. I'll probably still make them for lounging around, but now know to look elsewhere for a real 'gym pants' pattern!
michellep74 said... (2/20/08 3:01 PM) Reply
I love these pants--I basically live in mine when I get home from work.
Sue Anfang said... (2/20/08 9:01 AM) Reply
Thanks Elsa, I like the fold over waistband style, -- that's a great idea!! Sue
ElsaD said... (2/20/08 1:01 AM) Reply
In terms of the elastic, I had sewed 3/8" wide elastic in the seam that attaches the wastband to the pant. I got this idea from MichelleE's review, although she'd placed it right at the top. I find the thin elastic at the joining seam keeps the pants up and still let's one have the fold over of the waistband.
ElsaD said... (2/20/08 0:59 AM) Reply
lilyofthevalley said... (2/20/08 0:21 AM) Reply
Oh well, these are too pretty to sweat in, anyway. Good idea for the wide elastic in the future. And I've never cut and sewed anything in one hour, in my life. Impressive you! -Lily

The City Bag Paper Pattern