Pattern Reviews> Contest> Wardrobe Contest Sep 2009 (2009 wardrobe plan)

Reviewed by:bananaoil

About bananaoilstar
Member since: 7/9/05
Posted on:4/30/08 9:57 PM
Last Updated:9/9/09 6:37 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

bananaoil said... (9/16/09 12:24 PM) Reply
Yes Wendlesue, Mrs. Stylebook is how I've seen the title of this import from Japan.
CTBarb said... (9/15/09 10:53 AM) Reply
Love the Croguis. I have made one but haven't thought to use it for the wardrobe contest. Great idea! I also like the ramge of cclors you have chosen very much...I tend to be stuck in a monochromatic or dichromatic world!
Lee-Ellen said... (9/15/09 10:28 AM) Reply
I love your color choices, bananaoil.
wendlesue said... (9/10/09 8:12 PM) Reply
Love your plan, and I really enjoyed your blog. Especially your section on Mrs Stylebook (did i spell that right?).
Nancy K said... (9/10/09 7:28 AM) Reply
This looks great. Don't you love croquis? I too worked hard to come up with a plan that I will actually wear!
Raye Ann said... (9/9/09 8:23 PM) Reply
beautiful artwork! your color choices (and how your arrived at them) are inspiring:)
pterion said... (9/9/09 8:15 PM) Reply
It looks good, Anna. I like your intention of using all stash fabrics. I am only still *pondering* the wardrobe contest and that got me buying fabric I didn't need. Yes, Heaven help us all...
Michele Lommasson said... (9/9/09 6:43 PM) Reply
I like it! Looks like you've got a lot of work in front of you, but I'm sure you can do it. I enjoyed your sketches and your fabric choices. GOOD LUCK!
Robin S said... (5/2/08 9:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful! You have a way with color that I envy. By the way, I thought I was the only one out there that knew about computer punch cards!
quiltsammon said... (5/2/08 8:19 PM) Reply
Nice! I love it all, but really love that hat!
mylittleelephant said... (5/2/08 2:48 PM) Reply
I love the way you play with colors, darker outside and flash of colors inside, and combination of fabric of undercollar of your shirt, everything is very refined, lovely wardrobe.
Mufffet said... (5/2/08 11:14 AM) Reply
Great stuff, the picture comes in loud and clear! Love that hat! Very vintage.
fuzzygalore said... (5/1/08 3:10 AM) Reply
The thumbnail looks great, I love your paintings, but your links don't work at all and when I click on home entertainement blog I get asked for a login. Good links should be like this: http://www.blabla.com without getting fancier it'd allow us to look. You can right-click on an image and do 'copy image location' to make it easier..
goldesdottar said... (4/24/08 7:04 PM) Reply
Love the "organic" process, and the result. I've been told we can't remember color accurately - but i don't believe it, and i know you don't either! If one pays attention, then some colors just always draw the eye. And. In your two collared shirts, you've produced the collar lay & lapel/rever fold i've chased for decades! The geometry of it all...
SewTwin said... (3/11/08 6:15 PM) Reply
Verrrrry good design on the Wardrobe Plan, and the sweater..I am a beginner knitter/crocheter, so I would not "yet" attempt what you did!All different/talented combinations..I also have the same rough hands problem, and have found some helpers: 1.Nail buffers that go from coarse#1--to #6-buff nails(I also use it on my rough skin)2.Diamond files at knitting stores(for fine knits to not snag)..Hope this helps!--Love the onion skin print/top, is mucho happy/springy!
bananaoil said... (2/23/08 1:41 PM) Reply
Thanks everybody for your kind words. I truly appreciate being able to share my interest in sewing. P.R. is a wonderful thing!
cathy45 said... (2/23/08 1:25 AM) Reply
I loved your croquis, your processes, your paintings....what an awesome lady you are.
Maggie Cat said... (2/22/08 8:09 PM) Reply
Wow, you really did a good job. Everything looks great. Can't wait to see the finished products!
Stephenie said... (2/22/08 11:11 AM) Reply
I really enjoyed looking at your plan. Looking forward to seeing it all come together!
SusiM said... (2/22/08 10:07 AM) Reply
You have a very nice plan here. Thanks for the inspiration.
merry-one said... (2/22/08 7:57 AM) Reply
Very nice wardrobe. Like the hat. Any excuse to go to M&J trimmings.
LorelleD said... (2/22/08 0:41 AM) Reply
I enjoyed looking at your artwork on your blog. I look forward to seeing your wardrobe come together.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/21/08 6:49 PM) Reply
You are one artistic pro - your blog, croques, sketchings, fabrics and design choices are quite special. I greatly anticipate watching your creations come to life. -Lily
Annette1 said... (2/21/08 4:44 PM) Reply
What fun seeing all your designs and "thinking" through it with you in your descriptions. Now you've got me trying to come up with a legitimate excuse of my own to check out M&J Trims!
Darla in PA said... (2/21/08 1:29 PM) Reply
Very lovely! Enjoyed looking at your choices. Good luck getting it completed.
2mulie said... (2/21/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Your artwork on your blog is excellent. All so brilliant and free. How do you split your time among your talents and get so much done? I'm in awe, and jealous.
cabinbaby said... (2/21/08 12:58 PM) Reply
Wow, that's amazing! You are very talented. The shadowing you added is what makes it great.

by: catintheha...