Pattern Reviews> Drafted from RTW> 0001 (H&M Gather Neck Tee)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:2/22/08 10:46 AM
Last Updated:2/22/08 10:46 AM

Maripat said... (6/13/10 2:34 PM) Reply
How cute and well done. You are an artist.
ksavila said... (6/4/10 12:38 PM) Reply
super inspiring! :-)
Johanna Lu said... (3/11/08 8:09 AM) Reply
I've got that t-shirt and love it :) After reading your review I am very tempted to replicate it. What a great idea! You are very resourcful indeed!
shinetrue said... (3/3/08 6:52 PM) Reply
Thank you for sharing this! I'm quite impressed and also inspired. I concur with Grammy; I like your version even better than the original! I love that you lengthened the sleeves, and the fabric/color looks gorgeous on you! Also, Lily brought up a good question - have you worn it with the skirt you made from the same fabric? That would be cute, too! Thanks again for sharing!
Grammy Gin said... (2/26/08 4:22 PM) Reply
I think yours looks better than the original. Wonderful job & great review. Thanks! ;)
AnneM said... (2/24/08 1:36 PM) Reply
Cute top, I like the neckline.
Larkin said... (2/24/08 0:11 AM) Reply
Once again, Nicegirl, I'm inspired by your logic and creativity. Your top is really cute and what better way to learn RTW techniques! Thanks for sharing all the details.
Karen6790 said... (2/23/08 5:49 PM) Reply
Such a devious sewist! I'm about to attempt to copy a Tommy Hilfiger jacket I picked up at the thrift store, hoping I can manage without taking it apart. Love this shirt - you'll get tons of use out of this pattern.
Heatherrique said... (2/23/08 4:55 PM) Reply
Marvelous and entertaining reincarnation of the H&M top! I am so impressed by your skill, ingenuity, and your persistence!
ColorMeHome said... (2/23/08 11:59 AM) Reply
Terrific job! Your sewing talent is truly apparent with this top. Perfect color for you too!
myrooks said... (2/23/08 11:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the advice..I am taking apart the pants as the are on the trashed side. I will post with the results.
Deepika said... (2/23/08 11:10 AM) Reply
Fabulous!!! Love the top.
Danvillegirl said... (2/23/08 7:29 AM) Reply
Great job!
Huldra said... (2/23/08 6:39 AM) Reply
That's such a great idea - to copy your favourite RTW garments. I actually had the same idea a while ago and felt really stupid that I hadn't thought of it sooner. Your review gave me some great tips, especially to save one half of the top intact for reference. Thank you!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/22/08 10:01 PM) Reply
double post, sorry -Lily
lilyofthevalley said... (2/22/08 10:00 PM) Reply
A perfect tutorial! RTW favorite to TNT pattern. You did an excellent job constructing this, and you're fast! Are you going to wear this pretty jersey with your same fabric fitted knit skirt, for a sophisticated dress look? -Lily
Susan C said... (2/22/08 9:55 PM) Reply
Wow! Nice job.
OP Gal said... (2/22/08 9:53 PM) Reply
Wow. Thanks for all the details. What a success. Thanks for the review.
Sew4Fun said... (2/22/08 6:52 PM) Reply
Great tee! It is very flattering so I can see why you wanted to copy it, even if it did take you two years and a lot of cleaning. ;)
nicegirl said... (2/22/08 5:20 PM) Reply
Thanks all! Myrooks--I wish I had some tips. For me, taking it apart worked great, keeping in mind to add seam allowances to replace those cut off by the commercial serger. If you're not willing to sacrifice the pants to the seam ripper gods, I am no help!
Tiner W said... (2/22/08 12:39 PM) Reply
Beautifully done! That color is gorgeous on you!
myrooks said... (2/22/08 12:38 PM) Reply
I am totally impressed. I am getting the courage up to copy a pair of RTW pants.. any hints for success?
Kaitlinnegan said... (2/22/08 12:27 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great! Nice job copying and even improving on the existing shirt.
LindsayT said... (2/22/08 11:44 AM) Reply
I'm very impressed by your resourcefulness. I've also noticed that retailers like Gap and H&M are constructing their clothing a little better these days; I like to borrow their techniques when possible. Cute top.

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

The Essential Tote Paper Pattern