Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7891 (Ruffled Neckline Blouse)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:2/23/08 3:49 PM
Last Updated:2/23/08 3:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
FreyaStark said... (9/30/11 8:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for a useful review. I found this pattern on ebay recently, and it's just right for some fabric I bought without a specific pattern in mind. I suspected that the neck plunge might be too deep for comfort and, thanks to experience with another tailored Burda blouse last summer, I have acquired the skill to cope with it. It's also great to hear that your experience conforms with my hunch about what to expect.
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/24/08 7:10 PM) Reply
Heather, your blouse is beautiful. Girl Scout cookies never looked this good. Tee Hee! $1.00/yd was a sweet bargain.
marjenann said... (2/24/08 4:10 PM) Reply
Wow, Heather, a very pricey looking top! Great colors, style and fit! Perfection!
ITAdmin said... (2/24/08 9:05 AM) Reply
Add my vote to loving the fabric. But I like the pattern, too; you did a good job with it.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/24/08 5:19 AM) Reply
Heather, I love your 'chocolate and mints' blouse and the extra time spent figuring out the changes you wanted was really worth it, because it looks chic and feminine on you. I hope you'll make more and share them with us, too. Quite a beauty! -Lily
Leora said... (2/23/08 10:26 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this pattern favorably, I've had it on my wishlist for a short while now. Are you going to enter your beautiful blouse into the RTW contest? Lovely!!
CharityAK said... (2/23/08 8:52 PM) Reply
Every once in awhile WM turns up with some amazing fabric. I've had a few finds there that wowed me. Yours is definitely a Wowzers as well. And it's perfect for this top. You did a beautiful job. Unfortunately..I am now craving Andes mints....
Heatherrique said... (2/23/08 8:25 PM) Reply
It's amazing that within a 6 mile radius from my home, there are 4 Wally Marts and their fabric selections can vary substantially, especially in the clearance area! Oh Annette, that blouse sounds so yummy! Please share it immediately after you sew it!
michellep74 said... (2/23/08 6:33 PM) Reply
I love how this turned out. It's a really great style for you. I, too, can't believe you found that fabric at Wal-mart!
Annette1 said... (2/23/08 6:20 PM) Reply
I cannot BELIEVE you got this fabric at Wal Marche! The FIRST thing I did when I saw your photo was scroll down at warp speed to see where you got that fabric. :o) I cruise through the fabric department at the local Wal-Mart all the time and never saw any of THIS. Your blouse looks very expensive indeed, and you wear it BEAUTIFULLY. (P.S. Although I never saw THIS fabric, I did just yesterday, at Cindy-Lou's merciless egging on, look on Trendy Fabrics for her slinky pants material (found it, ordered it), and in the process I found some brown and aqua leopard print chiffon -- ha! YES, I had to order it, but once it's been in my stash for five minutes, see, then I can claim it was "from stash." That way, I'll look as noble and thrifty as all of our fabric-fast ladies that I so admire. I hope my leopard mint cookie Girl Scout blouse turns out as nicely as yours. :o)
Em's Summer said... (2/23/08 5:43 PM) Reply
WOW! WOW! WOW! Definitely groovy! I love Cavalli and you did a great job on this blouse!
Beek said... (2/23/08 4:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric. It looks so good on you!

StyleArc Alexi Top