Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2925 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:morzel

About morzelstarstar
Member since: 9/28/06

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:2/29/08 10:35 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts

Other Projects by morzel using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

morzel said... (3/3/08 1:41 PM) Reply
Thank you lady, your comments are so encouraging!!
nancy2001 said... (3/1/08 5:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful suit.
Larkin said... (3/1/08 4:12 PM) Reply
Your suit is beautiful and I predict that, once you stock up on some necklines that work well with the neckline, you'll enjoy a lot of wear from it. It looks beautiful!
Sewingmi said... (3/1/08 1:03 PM) Reply
Wow! That is really classic and elegant! Very inspiring - I wish I could make something so nice!
Mahler said... (3/1/08 12:45 PM) Reply
Sorry my comment was posted twice. I refresh my page when I was not supposed to. :-(
Mahler said... (3/1/08 12:43 PM) Reply
Thank you for this great review. I have this pattern and I will make a muslin before sewing the fabric I chose for this jacket. Thank you for highlithing the colar width aspect. I will select better tops to gor with it. With the grey skirt, you look great and very business like ! Vielen Dank fur seine post !
fryman said... (3/1/08 11:01 AM) Reply
It appears that your sewing skills are accomplished. Also, your computer/camera skills are greatly appreciated. Thanks for such a great and well explained review.
blue mooney said... (3/1/08 9:47 AM) Reply
Great suit with a little retro vibe. Your workmanship on this is wonderful. I hope you wear it a lot, because you look great in it!
Huldra said... (3/1/08 5:00 AM) Reply
The jacket looks gorgeous on you, especially with the turtleneck on your blog. :) I like your closure.
Mel.J said... (3/1/08 4:14 AM) Reply
How elegant! It does look lovely on you.
Annette1 said... (3/1/08 0:05 AM) Reply
Oh, Morzel, this is just beautiful. It fits you beautifully, and while I see what you mean by the back being somewhat broad, it lays so nicely, I really don't think it's a deterent at all. Very flattering!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/29/08 5:42 PM) Reply
Morzel, this is a suit after my own heart. Love the peplum, waist definition, ankle length flowy skirt. Being an inverted triangle, I put this on my wishlist instantaneously, and I hope it looks as good on me as it looks on you. Lovely. -Lily
Lori V said... (2/29/08 5:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful outfit, I like the different outfits with the jacket.
Marji said... (2/29/08 2:42 PM) Reply
Eva, you've got a winner there. Beautifully done.
Athene said... (2/29/08 1:46 PM) Reply
The two pieces look very classy and refined.
cabinbaby said... (2/29/08 11:56 AM) Reply
What a great looking, professional suit! I really like that neckline but would have "issues" with wearing it too. My shirt selection sounds similar to yours. Thanks for the great review.
Vintage Joan said... (2/29/08 11:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful suit!
Shrazzy said... (2/29/08 10:37 AM) Reply
What a beautiful result. I also made this jacket from black wool crepe but yours is much nicer with the overlapping front. Looks great on you.
TwilaO said... (2/29/08 10:09 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous suit! Good job!
Beek said... (2/29/08 10:04 AM) Reply
Very lovely jacket and you've selected a perfect fabric for that pattern. You've worked it up wonderfully.

by: buttonandn...