Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5207 (Casablanca Blouse)

Reviewed by:tess

About tessstar
Member since: 8/7/05
Posted on:3/1/08 11:26 AM
Last Updated:3/3/08 4:11 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

tess said... (5/20/11 4:33 AM) Reply
Hi Cultured Purl, thank you for your comments on this review I think you should now be able to see the full picture of the blouse and I agree that heirloom techniques would work really well with this blouse, the deep hem especially would look good with twin needle hemming!
Cultured Purl said... (5/19/11 9:18 PM) Reply
Ar this time I cannot see a larger picture of your blouse, but can see the ties and the color(pretty color linen!). I purchased this pattern today b/c I think its a classic blouse( both views) and longer blouses with slimmer slacks or skinny jeans would work out great for this pattern in a casual way, I am not certain whether or not they will re issue this pattern but I like the simple lines on it, and the fact that I can use some of my beautiful linen AND my Swiss batitste that have stored since I did heirloom sewing for my children. I DO love the idea of simple pintucks or a twin needle hem somewhere, and I am happy that I can now use those $$ fabrics purchased years ago( would like to see what they cost now, am afraid to find out,) I agree, a bit of heirloom inspiration would work well on this blouse,,,,or take it to the other side and use a animal print chiffon, what a difference! I love LH patterns and happen to think this is one worth getting even if it isn't the latest fashion at this time. I believe, simplicity in design and elegant fabrics will always produce exquisite results. This is one of those patterns with good lines and can be made up in many different ways, always worth it to fit it well , cant wait for the pattern to arrive ! I am certain I will be using my linen for the first blouse at least~ Thank you for taking the time to review this,! Years later it still helps to read what others did!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/4/08 7:22 PM) Reply
It's good to know that the ties weren't too long, and I'll bet it hangs beautifully in your linen. Embellishment would be a great added feature. Thanks for sharing this. -Lily
j222b said... (3/2/08 4:15 PM) Reply
Nice! Keep sewing Hinse-I love to see her stuff made up. Wish the photo was larger and wish you had completed the PR format...
rivergum said... (3/1/08 3:38 PM) Reply
tess, could you post larger photos? I want to have a closer look as I really love your work. The blouse and suit look terrific.
Beek said... (3/1/08 1:37 PM) Reply
Wonderful blouse and beautiful fabric. The red linen is so stylish. You'll be ready for Spring!

by: grays08