Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 02-2008-404 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:mlt

About mltstar
NC USA
Member since: 5/25/04
Posted on:3/8/08 10:21 PM
Last Updated:3/9/08 11:40 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
michellep74 said... (3/10/08 12:56 PM) Reply
Nice save with the neckline! With such pretty fabric, you must be so happy that you rescued this top!
mastdenman said... (3/9/08 5:14 PM) Reply
I like your version too. It's a beautiful color on you. Maybe we could sew the neckline and then create the shirring afterwards. I think Debbie had the answer when she said to start the shirring further away from the neck binding.
cmarie12 said... (3/9/08 5:10 PM) Reply
I think the fix really makes the top much more wearable. It is a very pretty top on you and I'm glad you rescued it!
F and L said... (3/9/08 3:27 PM) Reply
The new photo of the blouse is soooo pretty! I really, really love it!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/9/08 2:31 PM) Reply
I'm so glad that you didn't give up on this lovely blouse, because your fix brought it right into the realm of beautiful. Wear it with pride! -Lily
Sherril Miller said... (3/9/08 1:28 PM) Reply
It looks wearable to me too. I had an idea while reading your review. Also, I went snoop shopping yesterday to see what was new for spring. I'm wondering if we could turn the shirring into tiny pleats. I think that would be easier to bind the the fuffly edge that the shirring leaves.
carolynw said... (3/9/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Oh yes it looks much more than alright - wear it with pride and that lovely smile of yours!!
Nancy Anne said... (3/9/08 1:00 PM) Reply
Nice save! It turned out pretty, after all, didn't it? Now the question is: Are you really going to wear it? I know that sometimes when a pattern has put me through the wringer like this one has you, I am inclined to just leave it in the drawer. Must be a psychological thing.
moushka said... (3/9/08 11:49 AM) Reply
You don't look dopey, just a little tired which, after all you've been through, is to be expected! The new version looks lovely and very wearable. Congratulations on beating this pattern into submission, lol. Sue
ChristineX said... (3/9/08 11:48 AM) Reply
I like how it looks after you tweaked it! Great color on you!
carolynw said... (3/9/08 9:49 AM) Reply
I looked at your photo and thought "how very pretty" - do hope with Debbie's suggestion you can rectify the neckline because it's way too nice to not wear!!
Peggy L said... (3/9/08 9:24 AM) Reply
The style looks really nice on you. Debbie's suggestion would really save this top for you. I hope you'll give it a try and post another pic. We've all been in your position!! Sometimes things don't work as planned. PR buddies seem to have good ideas for "fixes" most of the time.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/9/08 3:21 AM) Reply
mlt, I hope you'll try Debbie's suggestion to attempt a fix, because this top looks lovely on you. The color and softness of the fabric are both feminine and flattering on you. I feel your pain. -Lily
CynthiaSue said... (3/9/08 1:42 AM) Reply
what a bummer, the fabric is so pretty. I understand the fustration of trying to sew something futzy. all the trouble of tracing and cutting to have it not work... sadly this is the norm in my sewing room. I say "on to new and better things mlt!"
kathleen1304 said... (3/9/08 1:12 AM) Reply
While it's true that this pattern needs tweaking, in this picture you look like the heroine of a Jane Austen novel, a very good look for you.
Debbie Cook said... (3/8/08 11:35 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you had trouble with this one too. Just a point of note, though ... I hope you don't mind. For me, it wasn't the shirring that was a problem; it was the too-inwardly curved armhole. If you have any inclination to fix your top (because it's such pretty fabric!), you could try running elastic thread through the neckline binding to snug it up.

by: FreyaStark