Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5142 (The Perfect Jean)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:3/9/08 5:08 PM
Last Updated:3/10/08 3:30 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Annette1 said... (3/11/08 7:37 PM) Reply
Great-looking jeans, Sigrid, and I heartily agree with Debbie and Clin: No more obsessing about wrinkles. :o) These look great on you!
carolynw said... (3/10/08 2:53 PM) Reply
Your jeans are indeed a perfect fit and the pin stripes take your jeans to fabulous level. I wouldn't worry about wrinkles in the back - I bet you hardly ever stand like that and I believe even very expensive RTW jeans may wrinkle when you stand that way. Well done - you have indeed perfected the fit!!
Christina Sonja said... (3/10/08 1:18 PM) Reply
A new TNT pattern - yay! The pinstripe denim is just fabulous.
Beek said... (3/10/08 9:22 AM) Reply
Nice looking jeans. I really admire your skill at matching the stripes and the arrangement of the stripes.
cecelia said... (3/10/08 8:56 AM) Reply
Very nice looking jeans--glad you got a good fit from this pattern.
BeckyC said... (3/10/08 8:34 AM) Reply
Your jeans look great on you! Thank you for all the great tips and tutorials you included in your review. Can't wait to see your next pair of jeans.
squirrellypoo said... (3/10/08 7:42 AM) Reply
I love how you used the stripes on the back yoke! These look great on you, and so perfect for this summer's nautical look...
MissCelie said... (3/10/08 7:35 AM) Reply
I love the stripped jeans Sigrid. Takes them from casual to summer's best! I also love to hear about jeans and pants fitting out of the envelope!
Debbie Cook said... (3/10/08 6:56 AM) Reply
Loved the striped jeans! I think the fit is very near to perfect. No one stands with their legs together when modeling pants so I wouldn't obsess too much. Yes, easy for me to say. :grin:
pterion said... (3/9/08 9:18 PM) Reply
Congratulations on finding your TNT pattern for jeans. Thanks for sharing the story of your pants fitting journey. They look great!
JMarie1962 said... (3/9/08 7:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful jeans and I love the white w/black pinstriping. It makes me want to find some myself and make my fourth pair of these jeans. I think McCalls should give us all royalties for promoting this pattern for them, as it seems to be very popular, proving to be as it is called - The Perfect Jeans" Thank you for linking the tips and writing a great review.-Jan
lilyofthevalley said... (3/9/08 6:01 PM) Reply
Sigrid, your pants/jeans look fabulous. Not only are your fitting changes perfect but the fabric you've chosen really elevates these way beyond ordinary jeans! I love all the wardrobe pairings in which you've incorporated the jeans. And a special thank you for sharing your insightful tutorials. What a gifted sewist you are, and I really look forward to a Review written by you. -Lily
Aixoise said... (3/9/08 5:33 PM) Reply
From what I've heard, the McCall's company, to everyone's dismay, felt it needed to eliminate the extra guide sheets that explain the alteration lines on the pattern as a cost-cutting measure. The alterations are all explained in the Pants for Real People book, and there's a note somewhere in the pattern sheets referring you to the book. Nice job on the jeans. You clearly know the alterations that you need.
mylittleelephant said... (3/9/08 5:29 PM) Reply
Congratulation for your right fit jeans! It's interesting to know that everyone has the issue with right fit pants, thought it was only me! so it's kind of relief.....and thank you for your tutorials page, all of them very helpful!
cabinbaby said... (3/9/08 5:20 PM) Reply
Thank you, thank you for that great fly tutorial!!!

More Knits