Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2694 (Wrap top)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

Last Updated:3/10/08 9:53 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Other Projects by Peggy L using this Pattern

blue mooney said... (5/21/08 5:43 PM) Reply
Lisa's not the only one that missed this review! Striking-looking T, especially with the superb pattern matching and contrast binding.
Lisa Laree said... (4/25/08 7:26 AM) Reply
Somehow I missed this when you posted it! But it looks great...and the print placement is spot on ;)
BettyMike said... (3/11/08 9:21 PM) Reply
I love this top! What great fabric. You did a great job on the whole thing. I need to look and see if I have this pattern!
Annette1 said... (3/11/08 7:30 PM) Reply
Ooooo, so pretty, and look at that ACE JOB of lining up your prints. Perfection! "Headlights" -- ha! That's a new one on me, yet I know exactly what you mean.
cindyann said... (3/11/08 9:12 AM) Reply
Wonderful rendition of this old fav. I used it again myself a few weeks ago. I really like the contrast binding and may "steal" that idea for my next top.
Enid E said... (3/10/08 8:40 PM) Reply
Pretty,pretty top...Love the print.. I can see why it is popular! I have it in my pattern drawer and now I can't wait to make it up..
lilyofthevalley said... (3/10/08 7:27 PM) Reply
Wow! This is a wrap top to remember. It is both beautifully and pristine! Your finishes are perfect, your fabric divine, and you've done a magnificent job of placing and matching this stunning print. It's simply gorgeous! A quick trip to my wishlist. -Lily
Lori V said... (3/10/08 4:57 PM) Reply
Wonderful top and you matched the print so perfectly.
keelyb1 said... (3/10/08 4:46 PM) Reply
Very nice top. I have this waiting in line for it's turn. Thanks for the tip about tacking the front. Do you think a DD/E would need an fba or is this one of those wonderful patterns that don't?
LindsayT said... (3/10/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Great top and great photo!
carolynw said... (3/10/08 1:27 PM) Reply
Very lovely top and great job lining up the pattern - I can see it would be a problem if it wasn't. I like this Kwik Sew pattern so may add it to my wish list.
cecelia said... (3/10/08 11:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. I have it and was wondering about it as a "D" myself, and "tacking it."
PegL said... (3/10/08 10:47 AM) Reply
Very pretty top! Nice job lining up the print I've made this one for DD and DIL but never used it for myself. Maybe I should give it a whirl.
AnneMarie60 said... (3/10/08 10:42 AM) Reply
Looks great! I love the fabric. Great job getting the print lined up, too.
Peggy L said... (3/10/08 9:54 AM) Reply
Sherrill - I was coming to edit the review to put that in and you had already asked. I did a few stitches in the ditch to hold it in place.
Leora said... (3/10/08 9:37 AM) Reply
Oooh, that is so pretty! Thanks for the link to the bindings video. I always learn something from you :)
Sherril Miller said... (3/10/08 9:37 AM) Reply
That print looks great in this pattern. Did you have to tack it at the center front to keep it closed?

by: twistedang...