Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2007-120 (Dress with pleated bodice)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:3/10/08 8:04 PM
Last Updated:3/10/08 8:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Blooms said... (7/6/08 5:19 AM) Reply
Absolutely fantastic...the best dress I have seen
Mufffet said... (3/23/08 12:35 PM) Reply
These are soooo groovy!!! :))) Hey - Cidell, you should upgrade yourself to Advanced...I keep reading your reviews and your stuff is always so well thought out and put together - you have a real eye for fashion and color.
LindsayT said... (3/13/08 4:29 PM) Reply
I love that you went long with this dress. So au courant.
SandraB said... (3/12/08 8:08 PM) Reply
Wow!! This dress looks great. I love the combination of the two fabrics. If you feel self-conscious about the low cut, try sticking the top to your chest with some tape (on the inside), so that when you bend down, you don't do the peep-show thing.
pakrk said... (3/12/08 6:56 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! I agree - no modestly panel! You are smokin' hot in this beautiful dress!
fuzzygalore said... (3/12/08 6:51 PM) Reply
Another adorable dress - great fabric, great print placement>
nancy2001 said... (3/12/08 5:15 PM) Reply
Cidell, you look beautiful in that dress.
KrystalL said... (3/12/08 11:15 AM) Reply
Stunning dress!
ChristineX said... (3/12/08 1:27 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Great print on the dress!
jhansby said... (3/11/08 11:38 PM) Reply
Lovely!! And the fabric is awesome!!
Annette1 said... (3/11/08 6:42 PM) Reply
Dearest Brazen Woman Slash Northeastern Establishment: Add a modesty panel if you must, but I think your dress is just perfect as it is. You look lovely in it. (Somebody shove that BWOF model out of the way and slide Cidell in there.) You've achieved a masterful design with your print, as well. Perfect!
Athene said... (3/11/08 3:42 PM) Reply
I love your fabric print arrangement on this dress. You are sizzling hot. I say forget the modesty panel - you are an absolutely beautiful woman of mystery in this dress.
Sigrid. said... (3/11/08 2:48 PM) Reply
You're ready for summer Cidell. It's so lovely.
Fabricgurl said... (3/11/08 2:10 PM) Reply
I love your dress and may have to go tribal myself.
Dei said... (3/11/08 1:07 PM) Reply
Oh how I love your taste in fabric! Too cute!
mylittleelephant said... (3/11/08 12:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! Love the way you lengthen it, super sexy!!!
Beek said... (3/11/08 12:28 PM) Reply
You look so adorable and so confident in your dress! I love the fabric.
SewVeryTall said... (3/11/08 12:15 PM) Reply
I love the way you've combined these great fabrics...so pretty!
SueV said... (3/11/08 11:59 AM) Reply
Wonderful and beautiful.... now I want a summer dress for a concert in the park....
Diane E said... (3/11/08 11:50 AM) Reply
Pretty, pretty dress! What a lovely souvenir of your trip to Ghana. I sure enjoy your sewing "ramblings" and I appreciate the time you take to write for us!
DivaQ said... (3/11/08 11:08 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous! That fabric is beautiful!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/11/08 10:45 AM) Reply
Stunning! Speechless...
cindyann said... (3/11/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Just a fantastic fabric choice! This dress suits you so well. You are smokin in it!
emo said... (3/11/08 8:16 AM) Reply
Awesome, of course. It's much better than the photo in the magazine -- lengthening was a good move! And I dont think it's too low cut. If you've got it...
Bonnie O said... (3/11/08 7:36 AM) Reply
This looks spectacular on you. The neckline seems fine to me. you really look terrific.
Kbenco said... (3/11/08 5:48 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous dress and amazing use of fabric. I love it.
Dolphin said... (3/11/08 4:46 AM) Reply
Cidell, the dress is beautiful and it really suits you.
nzkiwi said... (3/11/08 4:31 AM) Reply
Wow you have made a lovely job with this dress. Blow the establishment!!!!
Markie1 said... (3/11/08 2:27 AM) Reply
Wow! Cidell, you look amazing. Maybe it says too much about me, BUT I think the bodice is alluring but not too much so. How wonderful to bring home fabrics (and boots!) from all over the world and fashion them into an "American exotic". Lovely.
ncegbu said... (3/11/08 2:20 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress & fabric. Makes me want to pull out some of the fabrics I got in Nigeria a couple of years ago and do something "non-traditional" with them.
MichelleE said... (3/11/08 1:17 AM) Reply
Looks great on you and I am loving that fabric!
rosannec said... (3/11/08 1:06 AM) Reply
What are you planning for the modesty panel? Have you considered maybe doubling up the bra cups on the bodice and making the (modesty) added ones slightly larger and maybe with a slight surplice at the center front? That way, you don't lose the overall effect and shape of the bodice. Does that make sense?
CynthiaSue said... (3/11/08 0:54 AM) Reply
only a very few can pull off the "maxi" dress. Congratulations. you look like a model.
ColorMeHome said... (3/11/08 0:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! It looks versatile enough to wear by the pool with flats and out to a party! Great job!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/11/08 0:19 AM) Reply
You look stunningly beautiful! Your fabrics, the length, the sultry but ladylike neckline. Wow! You make and wear all the gorgeous dresses I was never able to wear. Sigh! I'll just continue to live vicariously through you and your killer dress wardrobe. -Lily
Christina Sonja said... (3/10/08 11:37 PM) Reply
I love: the maxi dress style, the mixing of fabrics, the sultry low cut... Perfect summer dress!
Sew4Fun said... (3/10/08 11:29 PM) Reply
What a great summer dress for those hot, hot days! I love how you used the two prints. Great idea to use the bra cups too.
Karen6790 said... (3/10/08 10:54 PM) Reply
Love love love the fabric. It's perfect for this dress, and looks great on you.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (3/10/08 10:39 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, I really like the longer length and the way you used two different fabrics in the same colour. It doesn't look too low cut to me - maybe not for the office, but for a summer dress it's perfectly OK. Roll on summer!
meli88a said... (3/10/08 10:35 PM) Reply
Fantastic dress and review- thanks also for the link to your blog. I also liked reading about your double cuffed shirt!
VtMartha said... (3/10/08 10:27 PM) Reply
I love it!
Lori V said... (3/10/08 10:18 PM) Reply
Great fabric and incredible dress, Cidell
JMarie1962 said... (3/10/08 10:06 PM) Reply
What a cute, cute dress! Forget about the modesty panel - this looks stunning - as-is!
Erica B. said... (3/10/08 9:03 PM) Reply
Great dress and that fabric is fantastic!
Nancy K said... (3/10/08 8:51 PM) Reply
Great looking Cidell. I think that it looks fabulous just the way it is, woman of mystery.
CarolynGM said... (3/10/08 8:31 PM) Reply
The fabric is out of this world. The bold fabric print with the traditional style makes for a real knockout of a dress.
loohoo44 said... (3/10/08 8:24 PM) Reply
double post, sorry
said... (3/10/08 8:19 PM) Reply
Love it, Love it Love it. The fabric combination is great and you look fantastic. Your blog entries had me laughing HARD!!! Love the part about Dandy. One day, I hope to able to make such beautiful creations.
loohoo44 said... (3/10/08 8:18 PM) Reply
Cidell this is stunning, I gasped when the pic popped up! The print is absolutely fabulous, as well as the placement. You had better make that modesty panel removable, because when you realize how hot you look in this dress you will want to be a sultry woman of mystery again!
Gelbean said... (3/10/08 8:12 PM) Reply
I love your fabric choice. The dress is stunning.

StyleArc Stacie Jean Jacket