Pattern Reviews> Other> Merckwaerdigh MIX4 (Bra, camisole and panties)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:3/15/08 7:21 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Other Projects by Sigrid. using this Pattern

Patzee said... (5/25/09 1:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I would love to make my own bras. Your "made-to-measure" bra, did you draft it? If you drafted it yourself, did you learn from a class or a book? Thanks!
PuttinontheGlitz said... (1/22/09 5:16 AM) Reply
I would like to know the made to measure pattern number.....
Marji said... (3/31/08 6:21 AM) Reply
Very beautiful Sigrid. Very inspiring.
LauraLo said... (3/17/08 4:15 AM) Reply
The set looks great, Sigrid, and I love how you filled up that triangle with lace!
fuzzygalore said... (3/16/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Oh, and brassiere in the original French means 'baby shirt', and knickers which tends to mean knee-long climbing/skiing pants in the US means your 'slip' (ie US panties) in the UK, so it's all hopeless :-). We have lots of opportunities for international mis-communication, but these pictures we can all agree on - this is the kind of thing we'd like on our butts!
carlton said... (3/16/08 5:04 PM) Reply
beautiful here in england a slip is a petticoat and can be a full slip-covering from shoulder to hem or a half slip just from the waist I would love to take courses on lingerie cutting don maccunn is about to start a bra making class,so here I go jane
Sigrid. said... (3/16/08 2:24 PM) Reply
Ladies, thanks for the compliments. And for those who never tried: please do, it's not as difficult as it seems. MarshaG: I did a course in lingerie making in which I was thought how to draw a pattern with my measurements. ReBecca: Merckwaerdigh ships worldwide and the owner speaks English (some of the other items have English descriptions). Fuzzygalore: thanks for the the translation, it's so confusing as we use the same words sometimes, but with a totally different meaning (in Dutch this is called a "slip", while in English a "slip" is a lining skirt I believe)
fuzzygalore said... (3/16/08 1:59 PM) Reply
Fabulous! You're always an inspiration, and this is no exception.. Just a small bit of translation advice though: boxer shorts have legs. What you made is simply called briefs.
Kay Y said... (3/16/08 9:34 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love all the pieces in your photo album - such beautiful sewing!
GollyGolly said... (3/16/08 0:07 AM) Reply
Absolutely lovely! They are things of beauty and I am certain, dreamy to wear.
Re Becca said... (3/15/08 11:02 PM) Reply
I must have this pattern! I checked out her website, and I couldn't tell whether or not they ship to America. Seriously, these are beautiful. They have everything that I have been looking for in underwear.
Vivienne said... (3/15/08 10:22 PM) Reply
W.O.W. Your work is beautiful and the Merckwaerdigh patterns are gorgeous. I'm working up my nerve to try one ( I bought PBH30 fromn Elingeria). It took me an evening to figure out the sizing!
Robin Denning said... (3/15/08 10:16 PM) Reply
Lovely and inspiring. Your lingerie looks very beautiful and top-notch.
Mahler said... (3/15/08 10:13 PM) Reply
oh la la ! This is beautiful and feminine ! I never had the guts to sew such streachy and glossy fabric. I admire your work ! Bravo !
lilyofthevalley said... (3/15/08 8:40 PM) Reply
Oh, Sigrid, your lingerie is unspeakably luxurious and gorgeous. And your workmanship! These pieces belong in a very upscale boutique. You are a Wonder! -Lily
MarshaG. said... (3/15/08 8:04 PM) Reply
Just stunning, Sigrid! The lace is to-die-for and your construction looks top-notch! Where did you get the made-to-measure bra pattern? It looks just like a style I'd like to make? Nice job, and I agree with Rhonda - feel lovely in it! Marsha in NH, USA *<*
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/15/08 7:41 PM) Reply
What BEAUTIFUL lingerie, Sigrid!! Maybe difficult for you to make, but oh, so much nicer than available RTW. Feel LOVELY in it!!
Olivia Sews said... (3/15/08 7:32 PM) Reply
Wow!! Those are beautiful!! Nice job.

Papercut Patterns 1006