Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2007-101 (Front Tie Blouse)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:3/16/08 11:58 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Em's Summer said... (4/8/08 3:58 AM) Reply
Very cute top! And a great 'go green' tracing paper tip!
tomed said... (3/20/08 10:36 PM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern - I love your versions! They both look great on you!
Elemenopeo said... (3/18/08 6:26 PM) Reply
Great review and wonderful blouse!
Birgitte said... (3/17/08 5:06 PM) Reply
Those are two really beautiful blouses- the fit looks just perfect on you! Congratulations on your first BWOF. Are you hooked yet:-)
nicegirl said... (3/17/08 2:36 PM) Reply
Your version is sooooo much cuter than the technical drawing and the magazine photo. I didn't like it at all in the issue but now I feel I was too hasty in my judgment...
crisford said... (3/17/08 1:22 PM) Reply
Congratulations, great job! I really enjoyed your personal comments on the "Duh" Burda Code! And thank you very much for the recycled bags/tracing paper tip.
ITAdmin said... (3/17/08 7:01 AM) Reply
I vote for the black and white one. Cute! And thanks for the plastic bag info. I'm going to check that out, as we have quite a collection, including some really big one.
Karen8320 said... (3/17/08 5:32 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in both of your blouses! Congratulations on completing your first Burda WOF garment! I am yet to take on that challenge but your success with this has perhaps given me the impetus I need to start. I love that you are such a prolific sewist and I fiugre that your wardrobes must be bursting at the seams with all of your wonderful garments!
michellep74 said... (3/16/08 11:45 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first BWOF! I love both of your versions of this top.
Mahler said... (3/16/08 11:25 PM) Reply
you look wonderful with both of those top, the B&W and the red one... great work !
EveS said... (3/16/08 10:10 PM) Reply
OOH!! I have this b&w fabric, too!!! (Are you surprised?) :) Congrats on finishing your 1st BWOF (twice). I'm working up the guts to start one...you've inspired me to get going. You and your tops look gorgeous as always!!!
Beek said... (3/16/08 5:08 PM) Reply
You constructed two beautiful blouses with minimal directions from Burda! Bravo! Fabulous accomplishments!
fuzzygalore said... (3/16/08 3:38 PM) Reply
Another success! Love that red on you. You're totally right about older Burda magazines being a puzzle horror, but they had -way- more patterns in each issue... And the fit was much better for larger sizes. Sigh.
judy3 said... (3/16/08 1:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouses-and I really like your choice of fabrics. You look great in both of them! By the way, it's nice to hear that other people experience "duh" moments, too!
Irene Q said... (3/16/08 1:55 PM) Reply
This was my first BWOF pattern, too! Love how both of yours turned out.
Annette1 said... (3/16/08 1:11 PM) Reply
What a great review! I had to laugh as I was reading the instructions for attaching the collar/ties and imagining the befuddled look on your face. 'Course, it didn't take much imagination, as I'm sure I had the same look when reading them. Regardless, your blouse has turned out perfectly, and you look so pretty in red in the first place! (You have really pretty wrists and hands too, by the way.) I get the Burda magazines, so maybe your positive outcome will prod me on to get out my grocery sacks and start tracing!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/16/08 1:05 PM) Reply
Louella, both of your blouses are gorgeous; I really can't decide which I like better. The style is so flattering to you and this one adds to your great wardrobe of beautiful tops/blouses. I'm sure that your Math teaching experience aided you in solving the puzzle that is BWOF instructions. Another beauty for you. -Lily

All About Linings