Pattern Reviews> Butterick> B5004 (Misses Hats)

Reviewed by:newlywedws

About newlywedwsstar
FL USA
Member since: 10/4/06
Posted on:3/23/08 3:51 PM
Last Updated:3/23/08 4:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

bananaoil said... (3/26/08 7:30 PM) Reply
I'm about to make a hat for my SWAP. I'm glad I read this first. 1 AM Sunday Morning! Can I say Amen! I enjoyed your review.
Elemenopeo said... (3/26/08 4:22 PM) Reply
I still want to make a hat - but I like handsewing. Yours looks superb! Love the dress too.
Peggy L said... (3/26/08 0:00 AM) Reply
Wow! I am so impressed. Before I read your review, I thought you had covered a hat form. Not! This sounds like quite an involved project. You did a very impressive job. I really like the way you used the scallops on the neckline of your dress, too.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/24/08 9:38 PM) Reply
All of your meticulous handwork took me back to childhood, watching my Grandmother milliner prepare her creations. It was like magic to me! (And she called it a catstitch.) I recall her using my head as a form for one particular client b/c in her terms, my head shape was a "long oval," difficult to simulate w/standard head forms. Thanks for the memories; your hat is stunning! It completes your lovely Easter outfit and the colors are delicious! -Lily
Athene said... (3/23/08 9:53 PM) Reply
Wow that was a lot of work but worth the effort - your hat turned out beautifully.
AuntieShel said... (3/23/08 7:46 PM) Reply
OMG, that is one fabulous hat and you are one ambitious lady. It's too bad the directions were deceptively easy (I like how you describe that) but you persevered and have a stunning hat.
N_Vogue said... (3/23/08 6:14 PM) Reply
Sarah, love the hat and your coordinating dress. Thanks for the review. I purchased this pattern as I love wearing hats. Yes, they are very pricey and yours can be counted among them. Great job!!!! Oh, come on one more LOL!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/23/08 5:17 PM) Reply
"In her Easter bonnet..." What a lovely Easter outfit!! Also will be nice for weddings, eh!! Happy Easter to you!!
newlywedws said... (3/23/08 4:49 PM) Reply
Oh...w/ aspect of the "marriage congrats" I'm really not a newlywed ;) I 've just used that nick the longest...I've actually been married 6 years 3 months, and 8 days :)
anetJay said... (3/23/08 4:41 PM) Reply
that is so pretty, sarah. congrats on your marriage !!

by: French.Sea...