Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8673 (blouse)

Reviewed by:CycleGal

About CycleGalstar
Member since: 3/14/03
Posted on:5/29/03 0:01 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Deepika said... (5/31/03 1:04 AM) Reply
CycleGal its very helpful to read your review especially since I have this pattern and have been thinking about making it. I normally use high bust measurements in burda.
AnneM said... (5/30/03 11:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comparison between the patterns. I like your fabric. I am also in the small-bust camp.
Everyday Sewist said... (5/30/03 9:37 PM) Reply
Even if you are small busted--you should still check the full-bust measurement to see if you need to make an adjustment. For example, I usually buy a size 10-12 for Burda but since my full bust is more like a size 16, I use the 10/12 for my shoulders and neck but I still do a large bust adjustment for the bust area.
CycleGal said... (5/30/03 12:22 PM) Reply
Maybe I needed to size up, I used the high bust measurement, and maybe Burda uses the full bust? That would explain the discrepancy
Sherril Miller said... (5/29/03 2:36 AM) Reply
Boy, if you need to make a full-bust adjustment, I'm scared what I would have to do to make it fit! LOL This is a strange problem for burda as they are usually better drafted. Thanks for the review.
Georgene said... (5/29/03 0:19 AM) Reply
CycleGal, the sleeve looks good on this, it looks like you just need to increase the chest measurement. Who would have thought? Maybe it's like Calvin Klein size 2 is actually a size 6, but the customer is flattered to think they are a size 2. Except here, less endowed types are obliged to make a full-bust adjustment!

Understanding Knit Fabrics