Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2004-114 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

beautiful job!
jjc said... (4/25/08 8:47 PM) Reply
wonderful job.
Sew4Fun said... (4/22/08 7:47 PM) Reply
kaybork, yes I sewed a muslin first to work out all my fit alterations. I sew a muslin for most patterns I use. It takes less than an hour and tells me so much about the pattern, including when to "move on". :)
sewtiredBee said... (4/20/08 1:13 PM) Reply
A lot of adjustments, most of which I would need to make for myself ( exception would be the larger bust one). It looks stylish.
kayborko said... (4/19/08 11:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful detail work on the blouse! I really appreciate the detail in the bust adjustment picture - I would like to know if a "fitting muslin" was made prior to sewing the blouse.
Mamie Ann said... (4/17/08 7:29 PM) Reply
Great review. Alterations instructions easy to understand. Lovely blouse.
rozzybabe said... (4/17/08 12:02 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous looking blouse; beats the look of RTW by miles! Looked at close-up of cuffs, & wondered how they were made; noticed 2 looped buttons & would like to know their function.
CynthiaSue said... (4/13/08 10:50 PM) Reply
this is darling and completely professionally sewn. amazing work. I swear I have that eyelet in black.... thank you for giving me a good idea!
carolynw said... (4/6/08 11:30 PM) Reply
So many comments but have to add mine - what a really, really beautiful blouse you hav emade. Great job
ladybegood said... (4/6/08 12:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for the informative review. I love the cuffs you added, and your eyelet choice. Beautiful!
jlucie said... (4/6/08 10:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and fit! The barrel cuffs are amazing - love what you did with the buttons on them. Making the front & back yokes the same level shows you have a great eye for the details! Job well done!
FrancesR said... (4/5/08 9:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and excellent review.
Bonnie O said... (4/5/08 9:45 AM) Reply
I WANT THIS BLOUSE! LOL. It is absolutely beautiful. Way to take a simple design and make it very special. I would wear this once a week to work. I may try to do a similar style as I just love the look. (Can you tell I like your blouse?)
Sew4Fun said... (4/5/08 5:56 AM) Reply
Dreamdesigner with the FBA, I marked a point 1/2" wider, out from my pattern piece, then pivoted the top until it touched this point. This gave me 1/2" extra width but did give me more than 1/2" length. The same as any FBA. I hope this makes sense.
Rhoda K said... (4/4/08 10:00 AM) Reply
Just beautiful and looks so good on you. Great job as always! I always learn something from your reviews!!
AmandaW said... (4/3/08 9:15 PM) Reply
A beautiful blouse and helpful review.
Mahogany Stylist said... (4/3/08 12:30 PM) Reply
OMG! I love, love your blouse. The detailing on the cuffs is awesome.
dreamdesigner said... (4/3/08 10:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful. I agree with everyone else - the fit adjustments. choice of fabric, cuffs, etc. - done to perfection!!! I AM curious about the FBA you did, is that spread on the pattern 1/2"? It looks like more to me, but I know photos can be deceiving.
AnneM said... (4/3/08 9:37 AM) Reply
I love everything you make, and this one is no exception! What a perfect fantastic blouse.
Rickie M said... (4/3/08 1:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful work, the eyelet makes it so.
judy_m said... (4/2/08 5:54 PM) Reply
You have made this pattern into a very classy blouse and written a great review.
Zanella said... (4/2/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Great blouse and a very helpful review.
HeyJane said... (4/2/08 1:35 PM) Reply
This is so beautiful. I agree, it reminds me of western and can be done in the more calm colors if you don't want to go "all out western"??. It's bright and feminine and ready for summer. It's just beautiful.
Felicity M said... (4/2/08 2:07 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful blouse.
FernW said... (4/1/08 7:52 PM) Reply
This is an absolutely gorgeous blouse and an excellent review.
heatherst said... (4/1/08 3:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse
wingri said... (4/1/08 3:06 PM) Reply
Very Classy.
Lucy in Virginia said... (4/1/08 1:49 PM) Reply
Very lovely blouse!
MoniqueE said... (3/31/08 10:24 PM) Reply
This is a really classy blouse and a excellent review. I like how you changed the yoke.
ColleenS said... (3/31/08 9:41 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse, the eyelet fabric gives it class.
Birgitte said... (3/31/08 3:52 PM) Reply
Fabulous fit, fantastic execution. The lines on this blouse are just superb and your fabric choices and alterations make this a stand-out... the whole package is fabulishous!
Leora said... (3/30/08 10:36 PM) Reply
Everything about this blouse is perfection! You achieve perfect fit every time. Beautiful!!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/30/08 10:15 PM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse - I love the eyelet, what a classy touch!
Jenny A said... (3/30/08 2:53 PM) Reply
Really nice blouse
Terryh said... (3/30/08 2:38 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse.
OP Gal said... (3/29/08 10:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse with impeccable construction and fit. The eyelet is just lovely. I never cease to be inspired by your work.
Mary Gillette said... (3/29/08 7:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful in every way!
Heatherrique said... (3/29/08 5:22 PM) Reply
Belinda, you demonstrate sewing masterclass and style! Stunning blouse and superb fit!
Judy Wentz said... (3/29/08 3:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
SisterBelle said... (3/29/08 12:10 PM) Reply
Loved your blouse! Maybe it's because I'm from Texas but I think that pattern would make an excellent Western shirt. Just sew it in gingham, add snaps, a cowboy cuff and piping. You are right. "It could look quite different using various fabric combinations."
jhansby said... (3/29/08 11:55 AM) Reply
what a lovely option for a white blouse (one of my fav wardrobe staples!) Beautiful!!
Sewingmi said... (3/29/08 11:13 AM) Reply
That is a beautiful blouse!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/29/08 11:01 AM) Reply
Everyone has said it all. This is beautiful and your advanced sewing skills really show up here. Well done.
mending maven said... (3/29/08 10:23 AM) Reply
Gorgeous in every way, work(woman)ship, style, fit you name it. PERFECTION!
blue mooney said... (3/29/08 8:15 AM) Reply
very, very nice! You'll be wearing that a lot, and looking smashing.
Danvillegirl said... (3/29/08 7:46 AM) Reply
Love the use of eyelet fabric for yoke and cuffs.
Linda G said... (3/29/08 6:37 AM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful. The curved lines make it so wonderful.
anetJay said... (3/29/08 6:27 AM) Reply
pretty shirt and it looks so nice on you !!! i love the eyelet accents. :)
Athene said... (3/29/08 3:50 AM) Reply
Oh I really love this blouse - beautiful fit, beautiful the way you styled it, and of course you look beautiful in it.
KathleenS said... (3/29/08 1:57 AM) Reply
Very nice blouse, very nice fit.
lynny said... (3/28/08 10:30 PM) Reply
Belinda, what can I say that hasn't already been said! Beautiful fit, a really lovely blouse sewn perfectly and as always a very informative review. Thanks
Peggy L said... (3/28/08 9:17 PM) Reply
Your blouse is a knock out! Beautiful details.
Schnauzer said... (3/28/08 9:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse Belinda, and sewn to perfection as always!
SandraB said... (3/28/08 8:04 PM) Reply
This is such a fabulous looking top. The eyelet yokes and cuffs are such a great touch. The addition of the eyelet definitely takes this pattern up several notches.
hongkongshopper said... (3/28/08 7:27 PM) Reply
Looks like a marriage made in heaven! Beautiful work. Love the eyelet matching and placement. Really, really nice!
Erica B. said... (3/28/08 5:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! I loooooooooove the yoke and the cuffs!
RMJ said... (3/28/08 5:47 PM) Reply
I never realized a white blouse could be so interesting! I love the combination of eyelet and plain weave.
Angelia74 said... (3/28/08 4:12 PM) Reply
Very beautiful!!! The use of eyelet is very 'heirloom' looking to me.
nellc said... (3/28/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, I love the way you have used the eyelet fabric, and the fit is perfect.
Robin Denning said... (3/28/08 12:53 PM) Reply
I always enjoy seeing your superb work. Beautiful!
emo said... (3/28/08 12:15 PM) Reply
This is one of those times I think, I can't believe you MADE that! Looks amazing.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/28/08 12:04 PM) Reply
Beautifully fitted blouse, Belinda, that is sewn to perfection. I particularly love what you've done to the back yoke, by balancing it with the front yoke, but even more, by extending and emphasizing its shape and curve, then featuring your eyelet. Just smashing! -Lily
MissCelie said... (3/28/08 11:55 AM) Reply
Belinda, this is just BEAUTIFUL. I was going through this edition last night lookign at a dress, and saw this shirt and thought 'meh'. You have again proven that you gotta look at the bones. Great job!
ChristineX said... (3/28/08 11:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! The eyelet is a nice touch.
Nancy K said... (3/28/08 10:33 AM) Reply
Fabulous! I love your fabric combo. Makes it special.
PegL said... (3/28/08 8:56 AM) Reply
Your blouse is gorgeous!! Love, love, love it!! Great fit and it looks absolutely perfect!
EveS said... (3/28/08 8:45 AM) Reply
I LOVE everything about this blouse!!! Your topstitching is beyond enviable and the fit is perfect!!!
tomed said... (3/28/08 8:33 AM) Reply
Adorable blouse! You have created a treasure.
cindyann said... (3/28/08 8:22 AM) Reply
Soooo pretty!
Ronda Rae said... (3/28/08 8:13 AM) Reply
This is very lovely. Great work. I just ordered BWOF subscription and am looking forward to it even though I dislike tracing. DH said he'd make me a light box-hopefully that will help. I love the yoke and cutt details, too. Beautiful, just beautiful.
dorothyn said... (3/28/08 7:43 AM) Reply
That is simply perfect. You took what looks like an interesting pattern and made it fabulous! An extremely high quality result that looks wonderful on you.
Lori V said... (3/28/08 7:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, Belinda. The eyelet is gorgeous.
Debbie Cook said... (3/28/08 7:00 AM) Reply
I love the eyelet accents on this blouse!! Very pretty overall and the fit (of course) is superb!
VtMartha said... (3/28/08 6:39 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse! I wonder how far back my BWOF collection goes?
Cody7 said... (3/28/08 5:48 AM) Reply
What a lovely job you have done on this blouse. It is a great style which could be made many times over. Good luck with the contest..... Julie
CarolynGM said... (3/28/08 5:13 AM) Reply
What lovely details you added -- the eyelet and the turn back cuff especially. Beautiful fit too.
ajax said... (3/28/08 4:31 AM) Reply
Love the cuff and the eyelet yoke. Your changes to the yoke make sense and the fit is beautiful. Congratulations
2BSewing said... (3/28/08 4:30 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse. Fit is perfect. The eyelet is beautiful.
Sigrid. said... (3/28/08 4:17 AM) Reply
Great match Belinda, absolutely beautiful blouse. Like your use of the eyelet fabric. Must remember that, as well as your beautiful cuff.
Marji said... (3/28/08 4:09 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I love the eyelet. I also like how you balanced the back and front yoke sizes. It would look odd the way they drafted it.
LauraLo said... (3/28/08 3:43 AM) Reply
absolutely beautiful!
SansSouci572 said... (3/28/08 0:56 AM) Reply
Tailored and pretty both! Nice review too, thank you!
Patricia from Rose Manor Farm said... (3/28/08 0:55 AM) Reply
Love the eyelet yoke and cuffs with the plain cotton. Really classy look. An excellent point about the matching yoke lengths. I agree with you. Patricia

StyleArc Twiggy Dress